Disposable Battery Deals - AA CR2032 AAA CR123A

Many of us use 2032 coin cells in scopes and other disposable batteries that cost way too much.
I want to share the place I've been getting deals on batteries for years called Battery Hookup.
These disposable batteries come from new merchandise that didn't get sold for whatever reason and are brand new.
These batteries will be Duracell alkaline or Duracell lithium for the 2032 cells 99.9% of the time and come with a free tester.
You have to pay shipping so the more you buy the lower the total cost per cell.
I have purchased all of these and have been completely happy with them. I also buy lots of rechargable cells from them as well such as 18650 and Li-Po.
I have no affiliation with this company and make nothing from this.

Use Promo Code DIY for 5% off before shipping.

50 Duracell lithium 2032 cells with free tester for $6

200 AAA cells with free tester for $10

200 AA cells with free tester for $10

10 CR123A cells for $4

Last edited:
Maybe I’m reading this wrong, but it seems to me that some of these batteries were in other electronic devices (returned/used or overstock electronics), hence the necessity of a battery tester. Anyone else reading the description this way?

IMG_4650.jpeg

For the past couple of years I've been trying to switch whatever I can over to 18650's. What I've found is that about 90% of the larger rechargeable battery packs consist of rows of 18650's stacked side by side or on top of each other and if you've got a bad battery pack, chances are it's because of a single bad cell or bank of cells. Compared to your standard AA's these are extremely high performance with much higher output, longer runtime and can be recharged hundreds of times.

Anyway, I've accumulated dozens of them and for $20 or less you can get a charger.

The cells you scavenge out of battery packs are typically much better than the ones sold on Amazon. There are good cells available from retailers, but the majority are sketchy Chinese products with wildly exaggerated milliamp hours. Even those will outperform a traditional alkaline battery by a wide margin however.

Reactions: heavy-impact
Maybe I’m reading this wrong, but it seems to me that some of these batteries were in other electronic devices (returned/used or overstock electronics), hence the necessity of a battery tester. Anyone else reading the description this way?
Yes these were packaged with electronics but are new unused. Out of 650 I've purchased I've only got 4 bad AAA cells that were put in a box and they were not even alkaline. On the AA size they put 1 eveready cell in each box but the rest are Duracell. Every one was as good as you buy in the store. You get 200 loose cells+tester per box. 2032s come sandwiched in 2 inch wide tape so they can't short each other. You can't lose with this low price.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Reactions: Sawney Bean
I do the same. I just got one of these packs. https://batteryhookup.com/products/7-2v-46-9ah-337-68wh-28x-3-6v-3350mah-18650-cells-83-kwh
Some other things just can't be converted easily so I buy the AA and AAA disposables and share them with family and friends.
I have basically a bottomless supply of these. The scoundrels on eBay might want an arm and a leg for these, but they’re basically the obsolete technology of yesteryear and we have boxes of them at work that will never be used.

Reactions: heavy-impact
Yeah awesome for posting. Heck for 10 bucks for 200 AAA there really isn’t even a gamble…lol. Man glad I didn’t jump on the rechargeable fx chrono bandwagon. I can give my just as good old fashion one all the food it needs for that price.
Still haven't charged it since doing the conversion in 2022. Here's the state of charge a few minutes ago but it's actually higher since the Li-ion cell only charges to 4.2v rather than 4.5v that 3 AAA batteries produce. FX anounced the V2 a couple of months after I posted this.
chrono batt -.jpg

Reactions: Trucker3573