• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Discovery

So I have a Stromrider that was super accurte. It would suprize me when I shot it. First shot or the last shot would be where the cross hairs where pointing. Out of the blue it stopped shooting well. It was now shooting 3 and 4inch groups at 35 yards. After trying everything I knew or could learn it would not shoot.
I bought some other rifles and got them shootin well so I thought I would try again with the Stormrider. After 2 to 3 hunderd pellets I decided to put it backup and shoot some thing else. I had two mags loaded and just wanted to blow thwm out. I did not tuck in to the bags and kept my hand on forearm like shooting a springer. The little rifle placed 6 shots in well less than a half inch. I nearly fell off my chair. It did the next 6 shots the same way. It never mattered how it was held in the past.
Any how I am counting this as a victory as I ave no use for a gun that won't shoot.
If you have a rifle that stops shooting well might look at haw you holding it
Sorry for the long post
Bulletbob

I’ve had similar things happen in other sports. It’s amazing how a small ergonomic change can make such a big difference. Those small ergonomic changes happen from getting complacent about nitpicking technique, or from fatigue or injury.

Did you incur any minor injuries that could have caused you to even unconsciously favor/protect a body part?
👀🤔That's a dang good factor that I just realized plays a HUGE role in our hobby. I get that everyone has a style....but not many people have the EXACT same style.
And old injuries can play a bigggggg role in how one gets setup....or even down for that matter😅
I've been debating prone....but God help me if I could stay in that position for very long*used to hunt alot prone*(ive been working on it without a slinger: a physical therapy of sorts...of my own🤭)