• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Discovery vs Primary Arms

Hey fellers,
I'm in process of purchasing a Uragan2 in 30 or 25 cal.
I've spent hours reviewing scopes and comments here. I would appreciate real word advice on the

DISCOVER ED-LHT GEN2 3-15X50SFIR FFP-Z Rifle Scopes​

And Primary Arms SLx 4-16x44 FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated R-Grid 2B Reticle.
Both reticles are intriguing. Mostly concerned about seeing reticle in dark areas and smaller mag.

I will use the rifle for long range target and primarily hunting. My hunting areas doesn't necessarily have wide open areas like a Prarie but lots of trees and underbrush
I have permission on 100acres that was logged 3 years ago and has tree piles throughout, ravines. Creeks and existing/new tree growth. I'm excited about the possibility of calling raccoons out of tree piles and coyotes around area.
Thanks for any input
Regards and be safe,
Gary

I have been pretty impressed with Discovery scopes. I jumped on the FFP scope train many years ago with a brand new conductors hat. But when some of those scopes started migrating to my PCP’s, I was still on board. When I took to the woods with those PCP’s, I quickly bailed off that train. I haven’t purchased a Discovery in a while because it seems FFP is starting to dominate their lineup. All my Discoveries are SFP and I’ve never had an issue with them.

Reactions: Ranchibi
I don't have the ED but my Discovery HD Gen II 5-30x56 is one of the most clear optics I have at full power. I compare it to Arken as far as build quality . PA used to source his scopes from Vector Optics prior to them becoming more well know. Vector optics has also had a pretty good name in the airgun community for some time The Britts really dig VO.

Reactions: Ranchibi