Discovery scope repair?

Has anyone actually sent their Discovery scope to Discovery for service or repair? Happy with the results? Cost vs Repair quality decision?
I have a little VT-3 4-16×44 FFP Compact that I really like. They are no longer manufactured.
Otherwise the little WestHunter 4-16 compact will be the replacement. This application doesn't require a high end replacement...... for now.

Any experiences are welcomed,

Crosfire

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Blankshot17
I got a VT 10X44. The 1st 1 would'nt focus. Charlie said it would be difficult to ???? whatever ( keep your word,honor the warranty ? . But I sent it back and recieved a second 1. This time I checked it out before I mounted it (seemed ok). Once it was mounted the paralax knob would not move. The scope rings were not over tightened. When I insisted it broke loose and now uselessly turns and turns and turns. Peices of junk. Spend your money elsewhere.

Okay, this is my assessment of Discovery Repair. To date, after emailing and texting several retailers and Discovery Rifle Scopes,, only one responded. The response was as follows:
"The VT-3 compact is no longer available. Most Optics are not repairable. They have a warranty for manufacturing defects. These are found out of the box not months later."
Discovery Rifle Scopes has not responded to my emails.
CONCLUSION: If you have a problem with your scope DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD, the retailer, may negotiate a return and exchange for a new scope.
My opinion, quality retailers will be more attentive to your needs than buying from a generic vendor. After the warranty period, you are SOL.
Would I buy a Discovery scope? Yes. However, I would choose a retailer with a good reputation.
Has anyone had success with warranty returns to Ebay or Aliexpress?
Last night I re-mounted my scope and adjusted all the screws to see if I have what my IT staff use to call a "I-D-TEN-T" problem.
Anyway, I entered the "ISL" (Inexpensive Scope Lottery) again last night with a purchase of the WestHunter WHT 4-16x44 SFIR FFP., on Amazon. In the small print there is this note:
"WHT series scope will activate the "Lifetime Warranty" service(Amazon Exclusive) provided by WestHunter, but the warranty range does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product.(Second-hand products do not enjoy the warranty policy)".
Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: XSUltimate