Discovery Optics VT-T 6-24x50 FFP Video Review

Great review!

I'm about to buy this exact scope for my soon to be, new to me Edgun Matador R5M .25 Long. 

I've looked and looked for my next scope and I haven't found anything even close to it at all at this price point even at a higher point for that matter.

I'd real like a ATN X-Sight 4K PRO 5-20x but this one is a little out of reach for me right now, maybe down road or if I could find a great deal on a used one.

On another note, some are not sure what the big wheel fits on, here is a couple of pictures of what the big wheel fits on.

1546178914_18083210745c28d1621b8710.69174926_Screenshot_20181230-080544_Chrome.jpg
1546178939_9871805225c28d17b686660.99411027_Screenshot_20181230-080536_Chrome.jpg

Hajimoto,

Great review! It was really nice to see you and Joe both doing reviews on the Discovery scopes!
Especially since I had already been saving up to take a chance on one..
I ended up going with a 6-24x50 and I love it. Unfortunately, the phone mount didn't work w/ my phone.
Android Galaxy Note 8 w/ two camera lenses. No matter what I did, I just couldn't get it to work..

One other thing - I use mine on 3 different PCP rifles, and use Medium rings..
My match grade bench rest powderburners use Med rings too - only Nikon scopes..
That height is perfect for me..

With the Discovery though - I ran out of vertical elevation clicks on the turret, so no matter what, 
the x-hairs are always too low.. *sigh* If I go with taller rings, I'd have to customize cheek-rests, 
and the only other thing I can think of doing would be to shim one of the mounts to gain a few extra MOAs.

Great quality and glass though!

I have a photography background, so, I have an appreciation for quality lenses / optics.

IMO, these scopes are well worth it!

=)

Sam -

Thank you Sam!

I have heard of this previously from other posts but to be honest they were about different scopes as well. Try reversing the order of the ring (Back to front) else shimming or something like FX No Limit Rings to solve the issue. I hear what you are saying about the Discovery appears to be low out of the box and I got that but if the scope is at the end of it adjustment that is not a good place to leave anyway.
1546622882_7895480405c2f97a25bb358.31439946_fx_no_limits.png

I am not sure if you have contacted Discovery on this but I know that I will be and will report what I hear

Regards,

Hajimoto

Hajimoto

I also ordered this scope from Airgun Optics because of your review about a month ago. I also didn't have enough elevation adjustment to get on bull at 50 yd. Unfortunately that wasn't my only problem. The scope wouldn't adjust left and right at all. I called Charlie and he promptly sent me a return mailer. Got it back to them, they checked it out and confirmed my problem, then quickly sent me a replacement. The replacement scope adjusts fine, except the elevation still runs out before I can zero at 50 yds. I put about .020" shim on rear ring to get zeroed plus extra adjustment. Could the problem be with the supplied free rings that come with the scope?

I do want to say that I was very pleased with the service from Charlie Sexton and Airgun Optics Plus.

Lamar

Hajimoto,

I recently picked up a Discovery HI 6-24x50SFIR scope. seems like a well built scope. I like it so far. Do you know if the zero can be reset on this model?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

I too have the HI 6-24 x 50 and can't remember if they can be zero'd or not but i will check and report my findings. I can not remember if I have the right model but if I am right, one of the things I really was not pleased with was the fact that the turrets give no indication of which direction is affected by turret rotation. HATE THAT!

Hajimoto

Hajimoto

I also ordered this scope from Airgun Optics because of your review about a month ago. I also didn't have enough elevation adjustment to get on bull at 50 yd. Unfortunately that wasn't my only problem. The scope wouldn't adjust left and right at all. I called Charlie and he promptly sent me a return mailer. Got it back to them, they checked it out and confirmed my problem, then quickly sent me a replacement. The replacement scope adjusts fine, except the elevation still runs out before I can zero at 50 yds. I put about .020" shim on rear ring to get zeroed plus extra adjustment. Could the problem be with the supplied free rings that come with the scope?

I do want to say that I was very pleased with the service from Charlie Sexton and Airgun Optics Plus.

Lamar

Hello Lamar,

Sorry for the delayed response. Typically the first thing I will suggest to a person that is describing a scenario where they are running out of adjustment is to swap the ring order (back to front) and try again. Normally the adjustment limit will still be realized but occasionally there will be a shift which indicates ring inconsistency. The goal is to keep our adjustment tube within the scope as close to center as possible but unless there are adjustable mounts installed, shimming is the next best solution. I agree 100% with your assessment, Discovery as a scope manufacturer, a manufacturer of hundreds of thousands of parts mind you, will make mistakes but it is guys like Charlie that help reallocate the inconvenience and bad experience back to Discovery so it can be corrected.

Hajimoto

I'd like to let everyone know that I bought this scope and had to return it for a replacement because the turrets were super loose on it, even after tighing the screws.

Just a friendly heads-up, hopefully the next one that comes in will not have the same issue or it's going back as well and I will look for a new brand.

:( not something I enjoy reading. I hope Charlie get you taken care of.

Hajimoto,

I recently picked up a Discovery HI 6-24x50SFIR scope. seems like a well built scope. I like it so far. Do you know if the zero can be reset on this model?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

I too have the HI 6-24 x 50 and can't remember if they can be zero'd or not but i will check and report my findings. I can not remember if I have the right model but if I am right, one of the things I really was not pleased with was the fact that the turrets give no indication of which direction is affected by turret rotation. HATE THAT!

Hajimoto

Hajimoto,

Did you ever find any info on this?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hajimoto,

Thanks,

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Hajimoto

Hajimoto,

Did you ever find any info on this?

Thanks,

Kevin

Yes Kevin I was finally able open 12 cases to determine which one had the scope on it (I would have had to many more if it was not on the 12th case) and determined that once you loosen the thumb nurl on the turret the graduation tape is able to spin. So Yes you can re zero the scopes elevation and windage.

Haj