Discovery Optics ED-PRS 5-25X 56mm FFP Rifle Scope (Full Review)

20230126_125612.jpg

Hey guys. People have been raving about the Discovery Optics line of scopes since they came out a few years ago. They were one of the first companies to offer an affordable First Focal Plane scope. Here is a full review of thier latest offering: the ED-PRS 5-25X 56mm SFIR FFP scope. Thanks for watching! -Nate

20230126_124851.jpg

Reactions: MACTEN
Well, I just ordered this scope from AliExpress. I received a discount from Discovery from 447.75 Euro to 374.73 and free shipping. I agree with gendoc Discovery scopes are superb and can compete with the best out there. They appear to be one the best kept secrets
The warranty is what is concerning to me. I had a parallax dial issue develop over time, the scope wouldn't stay in focus and was loose and wobbly. so much so when you shot, the knob would move! this is a.22 pcp no recoil! sent it back under warranty, and they put a o ring around the housing to stop the creeping knob. This did not work I sent it back and asked for a replacement, and was told that Thay fixed it, as to their policy of fix or replace, they had no way to mount and shoot but they did offer to upgrade my scope at a cost, I was not interested in continuing with discovery as a company. I sent it in twice, paid for return shipping twice, and have a defective scope. You get what you pay for, I really liked the scope, but the warranty sucks. Buy from a co. that has a good warranty, and cares about service after the sale.

I just received the scope from Discovery. It was Fedex to me. It took just 2 weeks. The packaging was very good. I am super impressed. The glass is superb and very bright. The turrets are larger than normal and very smooth. The parallax wheel is a bit stiff as well as the reticle illumination control. I can live with that, but I hope it loosens up a bit in use. I could use a large parallax wheel, but I don't think they are available yet. I am very pleased....so far!

Todd,
I'm sorry to hear your story. Who did you buy the scope from and to whom did you send the scope for repairs?
I don't want to bad mouth the company that I bought it from, as I feel that the warranty problem that I experienced is discovery, Also I am at fault for not doing my own research on the discovery warranty. I will pm you with the company.

The warranty is what is concerning to me. I had a parallax dial issue develop over time, the scope wouldn't stay in focus and was loose and wobbly. so much so when you shot, the knob would move! this is a.22 pcp no recoil! sent it back under warranty, and they put a o ring around the housing to stop the creeping knob. This did not work I sent it back and asked for a replacement, and was told that Thay fixed it, as to their policy of fix or replace, they had no way to mount and shoot but they did offer to upgrade my scope at a cost, I was not interested in continuing with discovery as a company. I sent it in twice, paid for return shipping twice, and have a defective scope. You get what you pay for, I really liked the scope, but the warranty sucks. Buy from a co. that has a good warranty, and cares about service after the sale.

This is why I only buy Vortex, Hawke, and Athlon scopes.

apparently discovery scopes were very good the ones before May 2021 which I have two but any after that date aren’t that good at all and I have one and I must admit not a patch on the older models
Everybody is welcome to their opinion, but your opinion is not mine. I just received their new 5-25 x 56 FFP zero stop and it is superb.

apparently discovery scopes were very good the ones before May 2021 which I have two but any after that date aren’t that good at all and I have one and I must admit not a patch on the older models

Honestly I have the same opinion. I owned a pre-2021 5-30x56 (it was a sort of Tangent Theta knock off) and I liked it better than the 2022 model that I replaced with (with heavy regrets). The very short distance between the turrets and the magnification makes it difficult to install on some guns with large rings

Reactions: villaman