Discovery HI FFP 6-24x50 vs Athlon Argos Gen2 6-24x50

I'm in the market for a FFP scope. I have a Athlon Argos Gen 1 6-24x50 and really like APMR reticle, the New Discovery HI is similar but at affordable price. Which one would you guys recommend or would you go another route? Thanks in advance. 

Discovery 

https://store.discovery-optics.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/discovery-2020-new-hi-6-24x50-sfir-ffp-hunting-optical-sight-shooting-rifle-scope-lifetime-warranty-with-illumination-for-50bmg

Athlon Argos 

https://www.opticsplanet.com/athlon-optics-argos-btr-gen-ii-6-24x50mm-mrad-rifle-scope.html

If you go discovery route go through Charlie at airgunopticsplus.com here in USA. He is always quick to answer a call or email and does warranty stuff through his own inventory and deals with manufacturer instead of you having to do it. I have the old HI 6-24x50 sfp and the glass is really good. I can easily recommend it for quality with a good price. I recently got the hd34mm 5-30x56 FFP and it rocks too. A bit on the heavy side but awesome glass. I think their ED line is the only ones with lifetime warranty. the HI and HD are 3 year warranty

STATES LIFETIME WARRANTY. WoW 50BMG?

I would keep the receipt somewhere safe just in case. Goes for all brands of scopes.

Screenshot_2020-09-08-17-45-222.1599624840.png
Screenshot_2020-09-08-18-15-542.1599625037.png

Thanx Tonio! this thread had me scope shopping till 10 pm last night :)

And expected Yo! to pop in and ofer some advice.... then realized havent heard from YO! in a while... in timeout again?

ALso realized last night Ive become a scope snob ..... :(

Lol, I've been looking at scopes late into the night also. Looking for that diamond in the rough that's not going to cost me a arm and a leg. There's so many scope brands out there you would think there's a better go to scope other than UTG. But then again Discovery seems to be a step above UTG.

Where is Yo?

I have a Discovery 6-24 and it's okay for the money but for the difference in price I would go to the Athlon. I would consider the price difference the cost of the warranty.

If you are limited to less than 250 or if it doesn't need to go on a springer then I really do like the Alpha6 4.5-27. I bought 2 of them based on YO's experience and I do have to admit they are very clean for the cost and have a great reticle. I actually prefer the 10-40 Tac Vector sentinel. They are under 200 and I usually need the extra magnification. They are not as clear as the Alpha 6 but are on par with the Athlon in terms of clarity. The Athlon 8-34 has much more positive trigger clicks and is under 400 but is not any clearer.

This new Discovery looks interesting though. If you do end up with one please report back to us what you think of it.

IMG_20200930_162033318_HDR.1601507200.jpg
Well, the scope arrived today without shipping notice. It is always nice to get that kind of surprise! 20 days is not too bad for free shipping.

I placed the HI FFP on my Kral Nemesis that is currently sporting the.25 setup. Mount, re-mount dance done until the scope and the rail played nicely together. The glass and the reticle are a far step above my old scopes. It is nice to finally have a better piece of glass on the Kral Nemesis. After about 100 shots to tune it in at my 40 yard domestic range, I feel the gun/scope package is shooting in the class of my M-rod .25, which is almost boringly accurate. I am not a great shooter, by any account. Having glass that can match the rifle is something to work toward.

I did mount the sunshade when I put the gun up for the night. The Nemesis is going to get a lot more play time now 😁