Discovery 4-16 ED on the way.

I have my second Discovery on its way . I absolutely love the HD glass . The ED is supposed to be even better and I can’t imagine what that would be . The HD 4-20x50 is worth every penny and I’m certain the HD 5-25x50 will be just as good . They are a little heavy but they do pack a lot of features in there . Make sure you let us know what you think of it once you get it mounted . 

What night vision set up are you planing on using ? 

I have my second Discovery on its way . I absolutely love the HD glass . The ED is supposed to be even better and I can’t imagine what that would be . The HD 4-20x50 is worth every penny and I’m certain the HD 5-25x50 will be just as good . They are a little heavy but they do pack a lot of features in there . Make sure you let us know what you think of it once you get it mounted . 

What night vision set up are you planing on using ?

I have an old nitesite ns50 I've used for a couple years and recently added a dual 18650 battery ir flashlight that works great. Makes it 100m nv setup easily.

Good Morning, this is my first comments though I've been following this forum for a while. I have a FX Wildcat MKI .25 caliber for the last couple of years and a 20 cal RX-7 for many years. I had a Aztec 5-25 SFP scope on it which I liked, but I've wanted to try a scope with more clarity and a FFP. I recently bought a Discovery ED 3-15x50 from Wes at airgunarcheryfun.ca...a very nice man to deal with. I've been so impressed with the clarity of this scope for my eyes. It tracks perfectly, and holds zero well. I have not had it on a hunt yet. I'm really interested to see how the FFP works out in the field. The HOYA glass on these ED scopes is pretty amazing considering the cost of the scope.

Good Morning, this is my first comments though I've been following this forum for a while. I have a FX Wildcat MKI .25 caliber for the last couple of years and a 20 cal RX-7 for many years. I had a Aztec 5-25 SFP scope on it which I liked, but I've wanted to try a scope with more clarity and a FFP. I recently bought a Discovery ED 3-15x50 from Wes at airgunarcheryfun.ca...a very nice man to deal with. I've been so impressed with the clarity of this scope for my eyes. It tracks perfectly, and holds zero well. I have not had it on a hunt yet. I'm really interested to see how the FFP works out in the field. The HOYA glass on these ED scopes is pretty amazing considering the cost of the scope.

Excellent, thanks for the input. My first choice was that 3-15 but weren't available when I ordered but no big deal. Looking forward to getting my eyes on it.

Some thoughts on the Discovery FFP ED 3-15x50. I finally got out in the field with this scope. The clarity and brightness of the scope is great...but I'm not sure the FFP is for my style of shooting. The reticle is too small on 3x and too big on 15x just as other people have commented. I ended up for the day mostly on 9x which is EXACTLY where I shot the Aztec SFP 5-25x50 the vast majority of the time. It worked well on shots out to 70 yds, but beyond that I never connected with a pigeon. In the past, I've made a number of shots with the Aztec 5-25x50 SFP scope out to a 100+ yds, but with the FFP Discovery never even got close. Pretty disappointing. I had the rifle zeroed for 55 yds. Undecided at this point which way to go between SFP and FFP scopes. Any comments...good or bad would be appreciated. 20PPC

So far pretty damn impressed, lighter than i figured and a nice compact size. Clicks are a touch mushy but the glass is from first impression every bit as good as my 10-50 Hawke ED. I'll take it out next weekend and do some shooting with it.

1568672663_2561139735d800b972195f7.41667887_20190916_152015.jpg

1568672676_16876595215d800ba4d38001.89542913_20190916_152022.jpg

Some thoughts on the Discovery FFP ED 3-15x50. I finally got out in the field with this scope. The clarity and brightness of the scope is great...but I'm not sure the FFP is for my style of shooting. The reticle is too small on 3x and too big on 15x just as other people have commented. I ended up for the day mostly on 9x which is EXACTLY where I shot the Aztec SFP 5-25x50 the vast majority of the time. It worked well on shots out to 70 yds, but beyond that I never connected with a pigeon. In the past, I've made a number of shots with the Aztec 5-25x50 SFP scope out to a 100+ yds, but with the FFP Discovery never even got close. Pretty disappointing. I had the rifle zeroed for 55 yds. Undecided at this point which way to go between SFP and FFP scopes. Any comments...good or bad would be appreciated. 20PPC

If you “like” your Aztec, why not try the FFP version. I love my Aztec Emerald FFP. The reticle is usable over its entire range, and the center dot does not obscure the POA at its highest setting. The illuminated reticle helps immensely when shooting in low light. I was using it yesterday at 5x to kill sparrows inside a barn. I’ve made kill shots out to 104 yards with mine, I use it almost everyday and am still very happy with it. The Christmas tree helps me make repeatable hits in the wind. Did I mention I love the reticle?

L.Leon, Thanks for your comments. I did like the Aztec SFP scope, but wished that I had bought the 3-18 (not available at the time). Overall the 5-25x50 Aztec was very good (and I probably should have kept it)...but ya know how that goes...LOL! I definitely like the Discovery ED models glass. Very good. I probably will give the Aztec FFP scope a try. Sounds like the reticle is a least as good as their SFP reticle...which was really nice I thought. 20PPC