Benjamin Discovenge .25 build

Order an Avenge .25 barrel with the plan to sleeve it for a QB build but it fit the Crosman Breech with the orings but was about 0.3mm too long on the breech end. Had a friend cut it down and it lined up with the valve TP. Polished the breech and found the longest Crosman bolt I had. The pellet skirt is still not totally pass the TP so may need to extend.

Went to range today and got 1.25” groups with JsB kings at 50m but some lateral stringing to the right due to cross winds. 20shot string went from 760-796 fps so not bad in stock form. I got a MAP valve I’ll put it in later. Also need to figure out a LDC extension. There’s not much room to slide any anything over it, so I’ll have to get creative.

IMG_1140.jpeg

IMG_1139.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogowsky
Order an Avenge .25 barrel with the plan to sleeve it for a QB build but it fit the Crosman Breech with the orings but was about 0.3mm too long on the breech end. Had a friend cut it down and it lined up with the valve TP. Polished the breech and found the longest Crosman bolt I had. The pellet skirt is still not totally pass the TP so may need to extend.

Went to range today and got 1.25” groups with JsB knockout at 50m but some lateral stringing to the right due to cross winds. 20shot string went from 760-796 fps so not bad in stock form. I got a MAP valve I’ll put it in later. Also need to figure out a LDC extension. There’s not much room to slide any anything over it, so I’ll have to get creative.

View attachment 451471

View attachment 451472
Very nice rifle. Looks mean a lot to me as well. Nothing beats a nice wood stock!

Reactions: xsarfc9x
Went shooting again today, used a spare heavier hammer spring from MAP I had. Groups shrunk to 0.75” at 50m. Not sure if accuracy improved because of more speed or less wind. Was too cloudy for the chrono, so no numbers. Ordered a HST adjuster today and when I get it I’ll install the MAP valve as well.

Any ideas on how to elongate the probe? It’s seating the pellets with part of the skirt still in the TP.