Crosman Discontinued but not disregarded

Pale_Rider

Feb 16, 2019
US
The Crosman 1720t is highly regarded as one of the most accurate pistols made. Minute of fly’s ball sac. I’ve never considered buying the 1720t as a pistol as it’s too big for my taste. But when I saw one in a bullpup stock for a great price I jumped on it. Took me a bit to get used to the bullpup stock, it’s not the most ergonomic. After I figured out a comfortable hold, I was able to shoot tic tac sized groups consistently (@ 25 yards). The dfl Koi that came with it makes it so all you hear is the hammer hit the valve stem. It’s currently set up to shoot 10.3 gr dome pellets at 750 fps for 40 shots. It’s so fun shooting this little pup that I don’t mind the single loading or the rear cocking bolt. Don’t know why crosman discontinued this gem.

D0D3BD5F-65BD-47BE-8025-7E3AFC828217.jpeg

A24D9D87-969C-4EDE-B7B4-616052C94EEA.jpeg

4F8832ED-3090-4D3A-848F-8385EF95AD39.jpeg

Last weekend I was target shooting with my grandsons.. they were shooting my Benjamin discovery rifles. One in 177 the other in 22. I was watching them shoot thinking I wish the disco wasn't discontinued... Perfect little rifles for everyone young and old. Simple, reliable and accurate. Single shot...so what. Bolt action who cares. There just fun little, light rifles.

The 1720T was the first PCP I ever bought. Maybe around 2017. It's been a great, rock solid pistol. Haven't had any significant issues with it. Would like to replace the plastic stock with a nice wood stock some day. The stocks I like cost more than the gun LOL
Currently set up as my night rig with the ATN Xsight 4K 3-14 hoping to dispatch some mice.
1693446580288.png

Best airgun for Pistol-FT or just having fun. Mine will stay with me forever. The people running the company must be plain dumb for not bringing it back.

Totally agree! All they have to do is add a regulator with a lighter hammer, endless sale for upgrade kits. It's one leaser beam right there. Or even better add a multi shot version with regulator and I'll get one for sure.

Last edited:
Totally agree! All they have to do is add a regulator with a lighter hammer, endless sale for upgrade kits. It's one leaser beam right there's. Or even better add a multi shot version with regulator and I'll get one for sure.
If you take a closer look at my breech it’s machined to accept mags. Thanks to @mackeral5 for customizing this rig and selling it to me.

Reactions: Struckat and qball
Last weekend I was target shooting with my grandsons.. they were shooting my Benjamin discovery rifles. One in 177 the other in 22. I was watching them shoot thinking I wish the disco wasn't discontinued... Perfect little rifles for everyone young and old. Simple, reliable and accurate. Single shot...so what. Bolt action who cares. There just fun little, light rifles.
Crosman 3662/7 is supposed to be coming out this fall. Product manager told me it should be $130 retail. Told him I'm finally going to the Dark Side!

Reactions: Jasonmc
The 1720T was the first PCP I ever bought. Maybe around 2017. It's been a great, rock solid pistol. Haven't had any significant issues with it. Would like to replace the plastic stock with a nice wood stock some day. The stocks I like cost more than the gun LOL
Currently set up as my night rig with the ATN Xsight 4K 3-14 hoping to dispatch some mice.
View attachment 385008
A wood stock is 1000% better than the 1399 skeleton stock or even a AR style stock or anything else I’ve seen. I went several years contemplating it and once I did it I wished I had done it much sooner. Night and day difference. I wanted to get Steve Corcoran’s stock also but couldn’t justify it at the time and got two Tom West stocks instead for basically the price of one Corcoran stock. Like I said my only regret was not doing it sooner. Couldn’t be happier with this Prod and 1720T now. Still two of my favorites.
I also had another Prod in a Rapid70 bullpup kit. I really wanted to like it but the ergonomics just weren’t that great and I never really got that comfortable with it and lost interest after a short time. I sold my bullpup kit and kept the Prod. I’m contemplating converting it to .177 cal. I already have a .177 Fortitude bolt which is a drop in replacement and Carm magazines to do it. Just need to get a barrel and yes I will get another wood stock for it if I do that. Can’t go backwards with the stock now.

IMG_2475.jpeg

The P-Rod and the 1720 are the obvious descendants of the Disco/22XX format, and Crosman benefited from all the hpa mods us tinkers were posting, as we were doing their R&D for them.

Here's a different take on a 1720, shooting AA heavies at 885 with a 1500 psi paintball reg on a 4500 psi bottle - well over 120 shots per fill.

1693478537096.png

A wood stock is 1000% better than the 1399 skeleton stock or even a AR style stock or anything else I’ve seen. I went several years contemplating it and once I did it I wished I had done it much sooner. Night and day difference. I wanted to get Steve Corcoran’s stock also but couldn’t justify it at the time and got two Tom West stocks instead for basically the price of one Corcoran stock. Like I said my only regret was not doing it sooner. Couldn’t be happier with this Prod and 1720T now. Still two of my favorites.
I also had another Prod in a Rapid70 bullpup kit. I really wanted to like it but the ergonomics just weren’t that great and I never really got that comfortable with it and lost interest after a short time. I sold my bullpup kit and kept the Prod. I’m contemplating converting it to .177 cal. I already have a .177 Fortitude bolt which is a drop in replacement and Carm magazines to do it. Just need to get a barrel and yes I will get another wood stock for it if I do that. Can’t go backwards with the stock now.

View attachment 385060
Nice collection breaux! These ag are very easy to personalize and customize, great job my man.

Reactions: MileHighAirGunner
It goes to show that a good barrel on an inexpensive, simple design makes a gun that shoots way above its price range.

The 1720 was my first in the 1700 family. Follows closely by the 1701.

99% of my shooting is indoors, and the little pesting around the house must be done in silence.

These two are perfect. Shown without their mods, the 1720 in Crosman 140 Elm. I lightly sanded the finish off and oiled it. The grain is raised and feels like mild stippling.

It is stock power level 9ish fpe, will shoot nearly any pellet well, but loves RWS Supermags.
With the Mrod trigger this is the perfect gun for me……until….I see my 1701. Bought to be a pistol, it ended up as a little stick carbine as I shoot my other pistols better.

Some nice walnut and a Prod shroud, this is the home patrol gun. The TP is drilled to .54, just a little more power than stock.

This one is a little more picky than my 1720, but no matter as it loves the SuperMags also.

The Walther barrels have made me barrel snob.

IMG_3160.jpeg

It goes to show that a good barrel on an inexpensive, simple design makes a gun that shoots way above its price range.

The 1720 was my first in the 1700 family. Follows closely by the 1701.

99% of my shooting is indoors, and the little pesting around the house must be done in silence.

These two are perfect. Shown without their mods, the 1720 in Crosman 140 Elm. I lightly sanded the finish off and oiled it. The grain is raised and feels like mild stippling.

It is stock power level 9ish fpe, will shoot nearly any pellet well, but loves RWS Supermags.
With the Mrod trigger this is the perfect gun for me……until….I see my 1701. Bought to be a pistol, it ended up as a little stick carbine as I shoot my other pistols better.

Some nice walnut and a Prod shroud, this is the home patrol gun. The TP is drilled to .54, just a little more power than stock.

This one is a little more picky than my 1720, but no matter as it loves the SuperMags also.

The Walther barrels have made me barrel snob.

View attachment 385081
Mannnn that 1720t looks saweeeet as a wood stocked carbine! Which gen m rod trigger will fit?