• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Disco degassing tool.

Ordered another ton of pels from my favorite "e" store, Pyramydair.com and looked
for a degassing tool for the Disco.
All I find is one for the M-rod and M-rod pistol.
Where can I get a degasser tool for this rifle? Do I really need it since I'm not shipping it
anywhere. Yet. Might tho for a tune and saw a dual air cylinder than looks exciting.
Can I install the 3 screw trigger thingy (tech term there, engineer don'cha'know?)
myself? (Klutz warning. Educated but can't do doodley squat without breaking something or a trip to the e.r.)
Haven't chorno'd it yet.
Anyone here chrono the Disco and got what with what pel?
Hope I'm not being a p.i.t.a. You fine folk sure seem to want to be very, very, helpful.
The sound suppressor I saw on MAC I says it needs to be heated to slip/shrink fit.
Can I do that without ruining the rifle, going to the e.r. burn unit or burning my house down?
Is there alternative "muffler" that attaches with set screw or something?
Can I sent the thing out for the suppressor and have it tuned at the same time?
Send to whom/where?
Can power ( velocity ) be increased, does it even need to be increased?
I'd be happy to get a m.v. of 800 f.p.s. with a 14.3 grain pel. That aught to kill
squirrels what?
Thanks for your kind and generous help from a great and wonderful, experienced bunch
of kind hearted folks. ( sucking up a bit much ain't I? ) :>;)
Yer pal,
jeager106 ( the serial # of my American jeager .58 flinter )

Go to a hardware store it's a common american size. I believe it's a 10x24. Get a machine screw about 3 or 31/2 inches long. Just screw in till you feel it stop. Now you are where it starts to de gas turn with a screwdriver and your done. There is no tapered end like the Marauder. I carried mine into the store, I would not do it in Lowes. You can add a piece of plastic later and make a tool like they offer for way more than your 10 cent screw I don't think it is 10x32

Youtube has the 3 screw trigger mod, and in my gun I get 800 fps with an 18.1 JSB. The guage on the gun was off, so was my Disco pump. I was only getting 10 or 11 shots. The first time I used a real tank with a guage it landed on the X by psi x 1000. I got 15 shots before it was back in safe area. In stock form with the standard barrel you'll be about 22-23 FPE. Normand at DiscosRus is a very helpful and knowledgable man.

And (do be certain it is empty, HPA safety first) you can just bleed it down through the fill valve. Hook up your fill unit (pump tank) fill until check valve inside rifle opens, close air supply/stop pumping and instead of bleeding the line as fast as you can bleed it SLOW! I find sometimes it will stop draining but just another touch to the bleeder and more air may come out. DO dry fire ( once not good to fire w/out air)
to be certain it's empty.
John

Chrony results from my Disco in .22 caliber. These results were from a brand new gun with very few shots through it. Results would probably be a little different now after breaking in. Accuracy was tested at short range (30 yards), and isn't quantified with measured groups, as the POI change often required major scope zero changes, which I didn't bother to do. Many pellets would have grouped better with the proper zero. Most groups were sub 1.5 inches at 30 yards anyway.
Crosman Premier Dome 14.3gr Brown Box: Averaged 843.3 FPS, with an extreme spread of 39.5 and a standard deviation of 13.19. Accuracy was "ok, not great, sub 2 inches."
H&N FTT 16.36gr: Averaged 810.8 FPS, extreme spread of 32.26, standard deviation of 9.32. Accuracy better than CPs, but still not stellar.
in my guns H&Ns seem to get better the more I shoot them(?).
JSB Exact Dome 15.89gr: Averaged 812.0 FPS, extreme spread of 22.5, and standard deviation of 8.12. One jagged hole at 30 yards. I zeroed the scope for these pellets and did an impromptu test at 50, 25, and 15 yards (if memory serves). Oddly, POA and POI were the same for all three ranges. Bought three more tins of these!
JSB Exact Dome 18.13gr: Averaged 771.4FPS, extreme spread of 45.36 and standard deviation of 14.35. Everybody raves about these, my gun didn't like 'em that much. Will try again soon.
NOW THE HEAVY STUFF,
JSB Exact Maonster 25.39gr dome: Averaged 655.9 FPS, extreme spread 8.92 (!!!) and standard deviation of 2.64. I'm confident if I zero for these, they'll land on top of each other. Sadly, I also expect extreme trajectory compensation will be required. POI was wildly divergent from all other pellets tested, but somehow still grouped ok.
H&N Rabbit II 25.62 gr: Averaged 624 FPS, extreme spread 89.06 and standard deviation of 30.52. Basically a small bullet, gun hated them.

I hope that is of some help. As I said, the gun was brand new. I haven't had much opportunity to shoot it over the last few months, but will put a few hundred rounds thru it before hunting season. I'm certain the more I shoot it, the more those big numbers (ES and SD) will close up a bit, and the accuracy will improve also. I did the three screw mod plus some polishing of the metal bits, and while it helps it's less than ideal. I am looking at a brass replacement trigger that claims to fix the Disco trigger for good...we'll see.

Edit: forgot to mention. I have since installed a TKO Muzzlebreak on it. The "break" (wink-wink) is held on by two Allen head screws, and is very easy to install. My Disco is now just about "Marauder quiet!" On my gun, installing the break changed my POI pretty significantly, and caused my groups to open up slightly. Still good groups, still accurate, just not like it was before. Don't know if that's normal, but come hunting season I will be removing the break and reinstalling the stock weight. Hopefully my pin-point accuracy returns.