• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Disaster today

My first gun (Kral Puncher Breaker ) 3 weeks old, fell off the shooting table today. I saw it start to fall and I caught it, mostly, but the tip end of the barrel with a Donny Fl Sumo, hit the deck. Was stacking pellets at 25 and 35 yds and now not even on paper. Spoke to R&L Airguns, (where i purchased) and he thinks it was just enough to bend the shroud. At his suggestion, I took off the shroud and rolled it on a flat steel table ( Jointer and Table Saw) in my wood shop and it does roll funny, with a high spot. I don't know how perfectly flat is was before this, but it sure does not shoot now. It is not even safe as I am missing my pellet trap. He suggested rotating the shroud to see if it changed the POI and it does. He is going to order a new shroud. Opened up the Sumo and there is evidence of clipping, again I assume it is post incident but I had not looked in it before. I am sick over it and don't even want it back if it can't be made right.

Any thoughts, encouragement or even mockery appreciated

dan

Heart felt.....condolences sent your way. I hope they can put make it right as rain for ya! Think positive, it might come back better than before! Looks like this gun is put together similar to an older style of edgun. You might try taking the barrel off and rolling it as well to check for bend. Just taking the barrel completely off and re-seating might fix the issue, assuming it not bent. IF it is bent, a new barrel and your right as rain, once again. Hang in there, it can be fixed!

Like my daddy used to say "nobody got hurt", Its a machine it can be fixed just time money and aggravation, consider this, its a perfect excuse to get another air rifle, a back up just such an occurrence!!! Oh and by the way I shot a hole in my $6000.00 yard shed yesterday with my Wildcat .22, I didn't use a backer board, PLEASE don't tell my wife till I fix it!!!
1533943885_8428240945b6e204deccf08.97358708_thumbnail.jpg

Sorry to hear that this happened to you, a friend of mine just had something like this happen only thing its was to his fx streamline .22, he set the gun down and it slipped off the table and hit the front end, upon inspection the Donny sumo & the shroud got bent but just by looking at it you couldn't tell until you shot it. The pellet was clipping the inside of the sumo. We removed the sumo & the shroud and the gun is dead on so the barrel wasn't affected. We ordered a new shroud and drilled out the sumo from .22 to now it can shoot .25 if needed. The pellets don't clip the inside and the noise did not increase either. Told my friend look at it this way if he was ever to get a .25 gun he has a moderator for it already.

hang in there brother ,,this wont be the last time this happens to you ,although im not saying your clumsy , all kinds of weird things have happened to us manly men ,,,from dropping our rigs to awakening in the middle of the night to find the dog liked your favorite stock more than you and used it for a chew toy ,even one guy brought his new rifle to show his farther ,,he took it outta the truck put it down went to close the door and his dog pissed all over it ,,it happens so dont get down think of it a its taking a trip to the tuner and probably gonna shoot better after they work on it ,,cheer up brother

One time I was squirrel hunting a pecan bottom with a friend. Was walking down a creek-bank, when suddenly here comes Jesse, rolling past at an alarming rate of speed... like a camo colored snowball.

Over and over he rolled, on his slung and scoped pristine Crosman 160. First thought was, “Dang! That gun’ll never shoot straight again..)

Then I checked to see if he was ok, after the tumbling ceased

poop happens. It sucks but its part of the deal. I haven't drop one yet (did I just jinx myself?) Reminds me of a time as a kid and I had saved up money for one of those stupid plastic baseball helmets (the late 70s) Bought theone ofmy favorite team (expos) more than half the helmetwas painted. I woreit to my aunt and uncles and while taking a bike ride it blew off my head and hit the street. Huge spot of paint chipped off. My uncle laughed his but off as I cried for about an hour. My aunt said well at least you wernt hurt. Never really found my uncle funny after that.

Been there. Walked away from the bench rest to check the target and heard my pristine Brocock Compatto Target hit the concrete floor. A very slight scuff mark on the shroud was the only damage. I considered it divine intervention that the fall was apparently broken by the folding chair; borrowed from our Church. Lesson learned: Put a heavy scope on a light weight pcp and it will want to roll.