Disappointed with Impact **UPDATE**

I drive my truck to the dealer and talk to the service manager and their techs. They answer my questions. I make an appointment to fix the oil leak. I come in, am greeted, get coffee and doughnuts, watch TV then drive away a couple of hours later with it fixed. And my dealer has to complete with dozens of other local dealers on price and service if that want the next service job or new vehicle. They aren't in a position to say 'Tough...deal with it'. Or "We don't have the part your ordered so we stuck another one in the box and sent it to you because it was close to what you ordered'. 

I don't send my truck to a single dealer for repair in AZ and wait weeks to get my truck back. If my truck repair is multiple days, they give me a free rentail to use in the mean time so I'm not stuck without a vehicle. 

Think about all the parts in my truck vs this airgun. Think about the number of GM vehicles vs number of airguns. They also have this thing called 'recall' which can be used to fix systemic issues at the dealers cost. 

Oh, and the doors to my truck are wider than 12 inches so I can easily get in and out. Didn't matter that 12 inch doors would have looked cooler to the head of Ford, they cared about functionality. (fill port reference).

I'll never understand why people bother defending quality control issues on premium priced products.... Do they want to receive broken air guns???!

There are plenty of industries that produce products that are considerably more complex than any air gun and they do it without anywhere close to the same failure rate. The basic design of a pcp air gun has remained the same for hundreds of years. We really aren't talking about anything that complicated.

The lemon laws that Wizard referred to were needed because car companies had the same "sh*t happens" attitude displayed by some air gun makers and treated their customers poorly. Quality improved dramatically when the auto companies were forced to change so let's not defend poor quality control (ever....). There is certainly none of us that benefit from poor qc.

When a new car model displays a pattern of problems then the car is recalled for safety reasons. There are plenty of potential safety concerns with air guns too and one day AOA or one of the manufacturers will find themselves in court for ignoring them.

I had a pcp rifle from AOA that fired without warning when I cocked it (like the problem described with this Impact) and it fired a pellet into my basement floor. With someone less careful, it could easily have hit a person. 

Hpa products need good quality control to be safe. Most air rifles and cylinders seem to be sold without even a hydro test. We might not be taking them into burning buildings but we all know that that an air reservoir failure could be fatal instead of just inconvenient. If a cylinder won't hold air, it shows that nobody checked it for quality at all. I refuse to accept that it has to be like with a $1,900 air rifle.

We all know that O rings fail eventually but not in the first month of ownership if the air gun is properly designed. Parts fail because they were either substandard to begin with, or under-spec'd for what they are being used for. I have 10 year old air rifles (or older) that still have original O rings.