Disappointed in Pard DS35 5-20x70 LRF

@Sky King It sounds like you're new to digital optics. You have two threads complaining about digital scopes you purchased and have another in route. See links below as supporting evidence. I suggest taking time read up on an optic so you know about the pros and cons before receiving it, then taking more to learn to use the optic.How long have you been using these scope before posting complaints about them? For issues with your Pard you can communicate with @PARD_Tech on AGN. You may obtain some useful information concerning your issue from this member.

Complaint

En route

@Sky King It sounds like you're new to digital optics. You have two threads complaining about digital scopes you purchased and have another in route. See links below as supporting evidence. I suggest taking time read up on an optic so you know about the pros and cons before receiving it, then taking more to learn to use the optic.How long have you been using these scope before posting complaints about them? For issues with your Pard you can communicate with @PARD_Tech on AGN. You may obtain some useful information concerning your issue from this member.

Complaint

En route

Yes, I’m new to digital optics and I don’t need you to provide evidence because my post clearly speak for themselves, thank you very much. My background is in technology, so I don’t have technological issues. I am very demanding in terms of performance. As to the Wraith, the resolution was excellent however, having it frequently lock up and require a reboot and having it not keep zero or obviously dealbreaker.

I should also mention that prior to purchasing any digital optic, I spent many days and many hours, reading reviews, and watching YouTube videos and reading the respective user manuals. I didn’t just jump in with both feet, blindfolded.

As the DS 35, even in the daytime, with plenty of light, and with the scope properly adjusted, the resolution of the green target rings on a cream colored background will not clear at 50 yards at the maximum 11.2 magnification. So it wasn’t a matter of illumination. So whether it would be better in darkness is not going to be considered because it’s not a matter or more IR illumination. But I’m going to buy a big IR torch for nighttime use, and I’ll see if it makes any difference. I’ve also bought different color combinations of paper targets. And will see if that makes a difference. As to the ATN 4K pro smart 5–20 scope with arrives today, I plan on having two different scopes for different guns even though I have quick releases. I haven’t seen many problems on the forums with ATN 4K pro, smart, and I haven’t seen a lot of problems with the Pard DS 35.

Let me just add that I’m a combat veteran and very familiar with Firearms and I’ve even owned a gun store. That’s just for some background.

Oh, by the way, the ATN night vision scopes were very highly recommended to me by a person that I have trust in and that has been using them since they were first introduced.

Thank you very much for your time and concern and helpful comments. Please stay safe and well.

Last edited:
Yes, I’m new to digital optics and I don’t need you to provide evidence because my post clearly speak for themselves, thank you very much. My background is in technology, so I don’t have technological issues. I am very demanding in terms of performance. As to the Wraith, the resolution was excellent however, having it frequently lock up and require a reboot and having it not keep zero or obviously dealbreaker.

As the DS 35, even in the daytime, with plenty of light, and with the scope properly adjusted, the resolution of the green target rings on a cream colored background will not clear at 50 yards at the maximum 11.2 magnification. So it wasn’t a matter of illumination. So whether it would be better in darkness is not going to be considered because it’s not a matter or more IR illumination. But I’m going to buy a big IR torch for nighttime use, and I’ll see if it makes any difference. I’ve also bought different color combinations of paper targets. And will see if that makes a difference. As to the ATN 4K pro smart 5–20 scope with arrives today, I plan on having two different scopes for different guns even though I have quick releases. I haven’t seen many problems on the forums with ATN 4K pro, smart, and I haven’t seen a lot of problems with the Pard DS 35.

Let me just add that I’m a combat veteran and very familiar with Firearms and I’ve even owned a gun store. That’s just for some background.

Oh, by the way, the ATN night vision scopes were very highly recommended to me by a person that I have trust in and that has been using them since they were first introduced.

Thank you very much for your time and concern and helpful comments. Please stay safe and well.
And by the way, my posts on this matter shouldn’t be characterized as “complaining“. I was simply reporting my experience and opinion.

Reactions: Airgun Al
I bought a Pard DS35LRF-70. I am very disappointed in the resolution of the DS 35 in night vision mode at 50 m on paper targets. I can't even see the target rings or the bullet holes. So many people speak so highly of the DS 35 and I'm wondering why?
Try adjusting the "Exposure" in your DS35. It is very difficult to see the dots on a white piece of paper at night time mode.

Try adjusting the "Exposure" in your DS35. It is very difficult to see the dots on a white piece of paper at night time mode.
@Sky King This is a decent suggestion. I went through this with a scope camera after another member suggested a similar thing. I suggest taking more time to explore the unit. After learning how more of the functions work your impression may change. If you have a complaint then you have a complaint. In no way did I mean to imply that you have no right to complain about an optic not meeting the advertised standards. Nor was I gum suggesting that you shouldn’t complain about a legitimate issue. However, it does appear that you may not have spent much time with the optic before reaching your conclusion. I meant to post this yesterday, but got super busy. Let us know if your are able to resolve the issue.

Maybe ask in one if these threads if you continue to have issues. You may also want to read through them to see if there is other relevant information that you can use regarding the DS35.

Sky King,
I know earlier in this thread, you had a little conflict with another member.
It looks like the problem has resolved itself!
I believe that particular member, is no longer a member here.
Let me explain:
I no longer see post number 5 here, ....so apparently post #5 has been deleted...
In addition, " ezana4ce" started a Optics thread titled "ALL THINGS PARD" a few weeks ago, and it seems to have been removed as well.
In fact, I believe ... ALL ... of his comments, throughout the entire forum have been deleted.
Not really sure what happened to him, but I suspect it probably was related to an attack by a keyboard warrior!
Normally, this would not be any of my business , but he did attack me as well, a few weeks ago, and alluded that I was being "lazy" for not using google, to answer a optics question, that I had posted in his thread, which is now deleted.
Anyway, I was reading this particular thread today, and notice some similarities to my ordeal.
I noticed in post 6 of this thread, you were defending yourself.
So I backed up, to see what I missed, and I noticed that post number 5 of this thread was missing, or completely deleted.
So anyway, I believe the problem has resolved itself!
I believe that this forum, and especially the Optics section, will now be a much more civil, and friendly place to hang out, and ask/answer questions!
Cheers!
Carry on!

I should also mention that prior to purchasing any digital optic, I spent many days and many hours, reading reviews, and watching YouTube videos and reading the respective user manuals. I didn’t just jump in with both feet, blindfolded.

And by the way, my posts on this matter shouldn’t be characterized as “complaining“. I was simply reporting my experience and opinion.

There might be less expensive places to buy, but I saw this and thought I would share:

@Sky King
I don't think seeing bullet holes at 50 yards is a realistic expectation for any of the NV scopes available on the market.

Digital zoom would further exacerbate the issue with seeing those fine details.
Are we talking day or night, there are a few that I know of day and night but so far the zulus I can see shoot and see targets at 100y in the day.

How did you get your Zulus? I see it's a 6-8 week wait. They have a 3x12 version coming out in England but they don't have plans of releasing that in the States.
I have had the original version before arken took over and have been testing it for a while now. They have been coming in in the last month or so whenever the US gets a shipment in. I think the US will get the 3-12 but not sure when as they aren't even out yet and we are months behind the UK.

Reactions: Airgun Al