Disadvantages of a bullpup?

I don’t shoot out to 100 yards, but if I did, I would have a little more magnification on my scope. 
How are you planning to fill that tank? Make sure you have a reliable source of air. All that equipment is expensive and will be paper weight if you cannot get air. I have that same tank, it’s (IMO) a great size tank. 
You will love the Sumo, can’t go wrong with that. 

I've got both a Taipan Veteran BP and a couple conventional PCP rifles. The BP is used exclusively for hunting. It is very easy to carry and maneuver in tight spaces in the field. Off a shooting stick, it is very accurate at distances from 10-50 yards.

I don't enjoy shooting my BP at targets off a rest. The higher placement of the scope also makes very close hunting shots more difficult.

Net net, BPs are great hunting tools, but if I could only have one PCP (gasp!) I'd go with a conventional rifle design.

R

A lot of talk about height of scope. Lets get some numbers . I have Wolverine HP with 10-50-60 ED scope that needs high rings. My scope is 1.95 inches. Sighted at 40 yards (2nd zero) I am never any higher than 1/2 inch to 15 yards close. The 60 mm scope is only 3mm from shroud with this setup .

I can't see how scope would be any higher than 1.95 inches on newer BP's

Here is my reticle on my Hawke that sits at 2.3” on my .25 Cricket pup sighted at 40 yards and set at 16 magnification. I’ve never had a problem with the said scope height. You just have to know your ballistics and have a usuable reticle. 

721F5B15-508E-4953-93C9-E4028DA3E9EB_zpsnbajtasy.jpeg

The red dot shows 36 yards POI. 

The big disadvantage to me is they just do not feel right but I'll admit that is personal.

One thing I didnt see anyone mention and it only applies , if.
In a good many States IF hunting your airgun is now a firearm-to the Govt.- and many states wont allow a silencer for ANY hunting. they also dont allow rifles under 26". Remove the shroud from your bullpup and you might be too short, leave it on your are silenced. 
Only a "possible" disadvantage biut one to keep in mind if Hunting.

John

I’ve been eyeballing on of those FX bull-pup for awhile!

But, I have an AirForce Escape SS, with a Talon Tunes Tank, and PCPTunes Valve. I’m super happy with it. It is shorter overall and lighter and cheaper than most of the bullpups including the FX. I shoot at 100yds regularly! Though, I do want a repeater soon! 

Scope wise, definitely get a mildot or the Airmax. When you get dialed in over a chronograph, ChairGun works great. And if you have a mildot or the airmax reticle distance estimation is easy using the app. Really makes the long shots enjoyable since you aren’t missing 10 times inbetween hits 

0d790df3eb1a7de819ee35b940425704.jpg