• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Digital weighing scales

I broke down and went for the Veritas s63 as well. It is Italian made and the lower cost models that I could find were about 
$100 less, made in China. The Veritas is definitely in another class, so I decided to spend the extra and go for a brand name and quality. The chap at Affordable was a bench rest shooter and understood my concerns. They have modified the s123 model for more accuracy at lower weight, and called it the s63.
PlanB ...and everyone else...thanks.....I'll post feed back on this late next week as well.

My veritas S63 scales came in. First impressions are very favorable. It was easy set up and calibrate with an extremely accurate weight. They supply gloves for handling the weight. I re-weighed a bunch of pellets that I previously weighed in the inexpensive Gemini. The 45 gr .30 JSB's were decently accurate with the old scale, but I did find a fair percentage of pellets that were off .5 grains.
The real different was with the 18 grain .22's. The Veritas is more accurate and consistent for lighter pellets. I could measure two pellets separately and add those weights together, then re-weigh them together and often it would be exactly the same down to .01 grains. I did this with 3 pellets combined and was within .03 grains.
In order to get accurate weights you have to wait for the scale to stabilize and a small * shows up on the LCD panel. Then you can remove the pellet. When you go to weigh the next pellet you have to wait 5 seconds after the previous pellet is removed for the stabilization * to show again.. .....if you don't wait for the *, you will not get accurate measurements. This is my only complaint..I would like the wait time to be 3 sec. The instruction were absolutely minimal . You can even connect this to a computer and I guess use you computer screen. It does more than I need it to do.