Digital scope without NV?

When you say you want it to be digital, does that mean you want the image to be from an liquid crystal display, i.e. a tiny monitor?

There's an increasing number of hybrid scopes out there, where you view an optical image and various digital bits are added. For example optical scopes that have built-in range finders and levels projected onto the optical image (in-scope). Or the new Holosun red dot that projects some thermal data on top of the optical image.

But if you are just talking about a vanilla scope that uses an LCD display, I think some of the lower-budget ATN scopes do that.

I was thinking same kind / type as pard and arken zulus, as long as I dont have to deal with paralax, my eye seem to have a hard time with it
I have both a PARD and an ARKEN, for sheer clarity I like the Arken. My big complaint with the Arken is...the reticle lines are a touch thin for my liking but beyond that It's pretty good. For any digital scope you are going to have a contrast issue, it's the nature of digital. The Arken has more zoom btw. In all honesty, my Arken is sitting on a shelf, I just like twisting knobs, I've got no problem or minimal issues with parallax, once you get the diopter properly adjusted things fall into place.

All the digital scopes I know of will also have NV but you don't need to use it. Best bang for the buck in my eyes is still the arken zulus. Every scope will need to be adjusted with the front focus to get a crystal clear image. I have been having an issue with FFP glass scopes and have been leaning towards digital these days for that reason. No sure where you are if US my choices are the arken zulus, sightmark wraith 4k max, and only have a little time behind it but the oneleaf NV400 had been doing a pretty decent job. If your not US I hear the hik 4k is doing well. If you have any other questions feel free to reach out as I have about a dozen digital scopes I have tested over the last few years.

generally infrared scopes have day and night mode just like a digital cam .. main consideration will be resolution of the screen image your looking at, its a digital image, not optical .. id say you want at least 1080 capability for a fairly clear image at a distance, some of the cheaper ones will have less and are a bit 'grainy'

Reactions: Richieg
Im from norway so not much to choose from localy, alpex a50 i can get, but the zulus has better zoom but has to be orderd from us and almost half the price

Do companies like ATN and Sightmark not export to Norway? I know there's some export restrictions on them.

I know of some people who have exported such products to Ukraine. I would have imagined the export restrictions have been made a bit slack due to the war.

Do companies like ATN and Sightmark not export to Norway? I know there's some export restrictions on them.

I know of some people who have exported such products to Ukraine. I would have imagined the export restrictions have been made a bit slack due to the war.
ATN has the following disclaimer on their website:

THIS PRODUCT IS SUBJECT TO ONE OR MORE OF THE EXPORT CONTROL LAWS AND REGULATIONS OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT AND IT FALLS UNDER THE CONTROL JURISDICTION OF EITHER THE US DEPARTMENT OF STATE OR THE US BIS-DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE. IT IS UNLAWFUL AND STRICTLY PROHIBITED TO EXPORT, OR ATTEMPT TO EXPORT OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER OR SELL ANY HARDWARE OR TECHNICAL DATA OR FURNISH ANY SERVICE TO ANY FOREIGN PERSON, WHETHER ABROAD OR IN THE UNITED STATES, FOR WHICH A LICENSE OR WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT IS REQUIRED, WITHOUT FIRST OBTAINING THE REQUIRED LICENSE OR WRITTEN APPROVAL FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAVING JURISDICTION. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT ATN.

But if you can get one they rock!

ATN has the following disclaimer on their website:

THIS PRODUCT IS SUBJECT TO ONE OR MORE OF THE EXPORT CONTROL LAWS AND REGULATIONS OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT AND IT FALLS UNDER THE CONTROL JURISDICTION OF EITHER THE US DEPARTMENT OF STATE OR THE US BIS-DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE. IT IS UNLAWFUL AND STRICTLY PROHIBITED TO EXPORT, OR ATTEMPT TO EXPORT OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER OR SELL ANY HARDWARE OR TECHNICAL DATA OR FURNISH ANY SERVICE TO ANY FOREIGN PERSON, WHETHER ABROAD OR IN THE UNITED STATES, FOR WHICH A LICENSE OR WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT IS REQUIRED, WITHOUT FIRST OBTAINING THE REQUIRED LICENSE OR WRITTEN APPROVAL FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAVING JURISDICTION. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT ATN.

But if you can get one they rock!
Sure, but even then, you can buy them (lawfully) in Canada. So the export restrictions have loopholes. Not certain if it's just for NORAD countries or NATO countries. But there's some kind of loophole there. I've seen ATN and Sightmark scopes being used in Ukraine, too. I imagine that might have snuck across some borders.

I found some scopes now:

Sightmark Wraith HD 4-32x50 (500€)​

ATN x sight 4k 5-20x (450€)
Alpex 4k lrf (1300€)

Does the wraith have less good view cuz of the HD instead of 4k?
And I try again, how does the atn and wraith deal with holdovers since its no lrf on those?
If you can find the wraith 4k max that's a great scope. They are geared more towards powder so they are flatter shooting. They do have a few reticles with hash marks but not sure if they are useful. If you know your distances I would recommend setting a profile that distance and swap in the fly as needed.

Well, since I could not find a wraith 4k here in norway i went with a alpex 4k lrf. But I cant find out if rings is included or not, and evt what hight i need
I believe they come with them but since I haven't had one I can't tell you 100% looks to be a standard 30mm tube design.

Reactions: Gambler
Would it make sense to use one of the scope cam setups with a traditional glass optic to resolve your issues?
Something like what Ted is using in this video-

It's a scope cam with blue tooth attached to a digital device like a phone or tablet.

ETA- camera details at 7 min 43 second mark in that video

Last edited:
Reactions: Gambler
@Gambler - The Hicmicro Alpex 4k-lrf is a very nice scope. I wish we could buy them here in the US, but no one sells them and Hikmicro won't let any of the resellers send them here! I think it will work quite well during the day if you never use the NV side of it. As others have said, the Arken does will with it's resolution for day shooting. Let us know what you think after you get it.