• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Digital scope w/o night vision?

Perhaps this has been discussed before but I couldn't find anything related to it in this thread and I looked.

I am thinking of trying what they call a "digital scope". The ATN X Sight Pro 4K seems fine although some of the guys report multiple issues with it and say the image is pretty pixelated at distances of 50 yards and more.

My question is: is there a company that makes digital scopes without the night vision feature? I for one do not go out at night (yet) and I think a digital scope without a night vision would be great - it would greatly reduce its size and weight, and last but not least - its price.

Anyone heard of such an optical "unicorn"? ;)

I would just get the 4K Pro and be done with it. It's a simple button push to toggle between the two modes... you're also not saving much $$ by going with the daytime only. For $699-799 you're getting 2 scopes and a badass camera. Impossible to beat IMO. Here's a place you can see tons of day and night footage: https://www.edgunleshiy.com/hunting-and-pest-control-videos-edgun-leshiy/

The initial firmware releases were a bumpy road, but no major show stoppers... just annoying little stuff and occasional freezes. I know there have also been a few isolated hardware issues, but ATN has been good about swapping those out I've heard.

The last firmware update made the night clarity insane. The biggest limitation at night is the the IR quality. The one that comes with it works decent out to 50, but beyond things get grainy fast. There are some amazing after market lights available that you'll see game out to 300+ yards in perfect clarity.

I use the provided sun shade and have no issues on clarity. I can see the details on the brick mortar on my neighbors house in day and night at about 100 yards. If you are mostly shooting 50+ I would go with the 5-20x. I use it for backyard pest control, and the 3-14x is perfect.

t

Tflats99, I noticed that on some of the footage there is no X Sight reticle, you have added an image of a reticle over the video. Why is that? Is the reticle not seen on day time footage?

And I've been wondering how quickly does the scope adjust its reticle for a POI at varying distances? Especially if you do not have the additional laser rangefinder they sell as an extra? For instance, I zero my guns at 40 meters; what if while pesting I need to take a quick shot at 30 m and then right after that another one at 90m? I know I am a handful with all these questions, but I'd like to hear the opinion of an unbiased shooter, rather than trust the videos on the YouTube which do not give a clear answer to that question...

Sen, the crosshairs are always on the video. I found when converting the file (shrinking size) with Filmora or similar it disappears. I have no idea why or could possiby explain, its random, but its always in the videa capturee to the SD card.

I just do hold over for ranges, you can buy an attachment that will range and adjust, but I dont see the need.

I agree get the pro, the deerhunter (day only) was to provide a scope for peiple who live in areas where night vision hunting is illegal and they cant even have in the field.