digital pressure gauges - that look's like an expensive 9 characters

Big Tin Boat,

Sorry, you are incorrect. Just because the number resolution maybe in the 1/10ths does not mean the actual accuracy follows. It is important to note that the digital number is an interpretation of a mechanical position. It is a translation. As far as my age at 77, I actually know how radio tuners work unlike most young folks today. In the old days the variable air capacitors were used to vary the resonant frequency of the RF tank in the mixer where the heterodyning process took place unlike modern digital tuners that actually switch in or out capacitance in incremental steps.. In the digital case, accuracy of the tune would only occur on the step boundaries, not in-between like the old fashioned variable caps could. .The same analogy can be applied to digital pressure gauges. In any case the pressure accuracy requirement to be greater than the width of a needle is simply not there.

Big Tin Boat,

Sorry, you are incorrect. Just because the number resolution maybe in the 1/10ths does not mean the actual accuracy follows. It is important to note that the digital number is an interpretation of a mechanical position. It is a translation. As far as my age at 77, I actually know how radio tuners work unlike most young folks today. In the old days the variable air capacitors were used to vary the resonant frequency of the RF tank in the mixer where the heterodyning process took place unlike modern digital tuners that actually switch in or out capacitance in incremental steps.. In the digital case, accuracy of the tune would only occur on the step boundaries, not in-between like the old fashioned variable caps could. .The same analogy can be applied to digital pressure gauges. In any case the pressure accuracy requirement to be greater than the width of a needle is simply not there.

Again you are talking about the accuracy of the gauge, not the accuracy the user as able to attain......................UNTIL you get to your last sentence where it appears you actually admit that by saying that "accuracy requirement" greater than width of needle is not needed. Just because it is "not needed", does it mean it is as accurate. Your accuracy requirement is likely different then others. Kinda like saying my gun which is 1/4" at 50yds will never miss a squirrels head. Your gun groups 3/4" at 50yds and as such you never miss a squirrels head, but is it "as accurate" as mine? The accuracy requirement that mine meets is certainly not needed, but it is more accurate, right?

In the radio case I was actually referring to the digital display of a PLL tuner, but that is actually not near as good of an example as the paint cans, which I notice you did not reply to.

I just installed two of these gauges, not the ones with engraving, one my Maverick and on my M3. On the M3 at the first stage regulator and the Maverick at the back regulator pressure. I also have two of the Sekhmet gauges, one on the bottle reg for the Maverick as well as on my M2.

I installed the new gauges and it was nice to just see one number and not have to guess where it is. On the M3 where I thought I was at 180ish on the first reg, the new gauge gave me 166. If my second reg was set to 160 how effective and efficient was that; not good for me. Since I was able to get an exact number(not getting into the topics above) I then adjusted the first reg to 190.2. 
I understand both perspectives of defining accuracy but for me I wanted to see one number and not have to guess between this or that or the thickness of the needle. I am also in my 50's and wear glasses so this was easier on the old eyes as well.

It is okay for some of us to choose these over the standard gauges especially when gauge accuracy has been an issue with a few rifle makers. The old radios with the dial, reel to reel, 8 track with some cardboard on the side to keep it locked in and even the penny or nickel on the arm for the needle when playing your vinyl yes the good old days but I'm glad we have new technology too...

bigHUN, You are almost correct. BSP (British Standard Pipe) come in two flavors straight (Parallel) and tapered. So using the term of BSP is insufficient. You should be using BSPP or BSPT. BSPP requires a gasket either at the base or as a washer at the top before a flange to seal. All tapered pipe threads whether NPT of BSPT seal on the threads and require a thread sealant.

On the subject of digital gauges being more accurate, there is no reason they should be. They are still mechanical. Lastly, gauge accuracy is not really important. It is relative. If you you want to have confidence in their accuracy you ultimately have to compare it to a certified standard which few of us have.In use, a needle display is much better as they do not require a battery and they are instantly intuitive.Personally, I see no advantage to digital gauges.

Maybe digital gauges themselves aren't more accurate "mechanically", but a person using them can be more accurate by using them. Using the same size gauge face you can get your measurement in a such smaller unit. This little 1" digital gauge reads to 1/10 bar. How big a face, or how thin of a needle would you have to have for an analog gauge to be able to read in 1/10's? Digital settings are much more repeatable because of the unit size. Now if you had a 6" analog gauge with a super fine needle and a scale easily reading 1/2 bar, and then you compare it to a digital gauge that only reads every 5 bar, which is going to be more accurate to use?

How old are you? Old enough to remember dial tuning radios? How many times would you be able to tune in a station with the radio off and be tuned in when you turn it on with an analog tuner? Radio station frequencies are in tenth's (here in US). MUCH easier to tune in with a digital tuner.

im 23 and your saying this brings to mind fishing around the hole in the back of a car strereo deck with the 1” or so stripped antenna wire to get the best contact… that and trying(unsuccessfully) to tune my braces as a kid.