Digital Pressure Gauge for the FX Impact

I was considering replacing my Impacts regulator gauge with a digital version for more accurate readings. I can foresee me doing various tunes for different pellet and slug combinations so returning to an specific setting would be advantageous. At one time I saw a video with someone showing digital gauge upgrades. I don't mean the Edgun ones that I find hard to use. I just what a simple digital gauge to read pressure only. Does anyone know the video and ones I am talking about. I would like to find that source. Bill

not idea where to get the FX digitals (do they exist already?). The Edgun is not hard to use at all if you want it for read pressure only, just push it and done, instant exact pressure. I bought it several months ago and I did not want it to use because the exact reason you mention...recently an FX Mk2 gauge fail on me and I install the Edgun instead ... I do not use any of the extra features, just to read the pressure and man, spot on and easy. Further research show me that when the battery drain .. is going to be a problem .. but will see ... 

I remember seeing them in a video for shot show if it is the same ones I was thinking of getting it was at the FX booth . I am not sure but I haven't yet seen them released . Kinda like the arrow version of the dream line and the impact compact and so on lol. I am wanting to do the same when I find them. it was either Steve aeac or Giles one of the 2. I hope that helps :)

not idea where to get the FX digitals (do they exist already?). The Edgun is not hard to use at all if you want it for read pressure only, just push it and done, instant exact pressure. I bought it several months ago and I did not want it to use because the exact reason you mention...recently an FX Mk2 gauge fail on me and I install the Edgun instead ... I do not use any of the extra features, just to read the pressure and man, spot on and easy. Further research show me that when the battery drain .. is going to be a problem .. but will see ...

Well your right about the basics of just getting the bar reading but the other thing I did not like was taking off the cover to replace the battery. I used the syringe to puff air and canned air for a stronger blast. It was next to impossible to remove. Add to that after a while the little tabs that kept to battery in would wear making it hard to keep the battery in place. I think that gauge needs a redesign. Bill

Well your right about the basics of just getting the bar reading but the other thing I did not like was taking off the cover to replace the battery. I used the syringe to puff air and canned air for a stronger blast. It was next to impossible to remove. Add to that after a while the little tabs that kept to battery in would wear making it hard to keep the battery in place. I think that gauge needs a redesign. Bill

Yes ridiculous battery changing procedure. Tiny plastic tabs with soldered wires not much thicker than a human hair, what can go wrong??

They could have made a slot like a CD slot in both sides. Push old battery out with a toothpick and slide new one in. Contacts above and below. Done.

I never did get the "syringe' method to work, but using a compressor works well. Just make sure you dial it down to about 10 ft lbs and keep the palm of your hand over the gauge when you hit it with a blast of air. Keep your palm lightly touching the face plate. If you do not keep your hand over the face plate, you risk blowing it out and pulling off a wire.

Another little trick for those folks that find the button hard to push to turn on the gauge and get readings, just cut a very small SQUARE piece of electrical tape and put it on the back side of the cover plate so that it sits over the button on the circuit board. Once you press the face plate back on, the added thickness of one little piece of tape makes it 10 times easier to turn on the EDMU.

I never did get the "syringe' method to work, but using a compressor works well. Just make sure you dial it down to about 10 ft lbs and keep the palm of your hand over the gauge when you hit it with a blast of air. Keep your palm lightly touching the face plate. If you do not keep your hand over the face plate, you risk blowing it out and pulling off a wire.

Another little trick for those folks that find the button hard to push to turn on the gauge and get readings, just cut a very small SQUARE piece of electrical tape and put it on the back side of the cover plate so that it sits over the button on the circuit board. Once you press the face plate back on, the added thickness of one little piece of tape makes it 10 times easier to turn on the EDMU.

I'm sure your tips can be helpful to those trying to use that gauge, however I should not have to buy a compressor or modify a product to work right. Bill

I was considering replacing my Impacts regulator gauge with a digital version for more accurate readings. I can foresee me doing various tunes for different pellet and slug combinations so returning to an specific setting would be advantageous. At one time I saw a video with someone showing digital gauge upgrades. I don't mean the Edgun ones that I find hard to use. I just what a simple digital gauge to read pressure only. Does anyone know the video and ones I am talking about. I would like to find that source. Bill

I saw that gauge in a YouTube video last night.

FX Impact MKII in the sGUNkWerks lab

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MoORRr3KGDM

whoa, if those Krale or new FX gauges are going to cost 150 bucks (or more each), I hope they are both blue tooth and wifi enabled, with wireless charging for that price. lol

The EDMU will be a bargain, and I can live without a redesign.

Bluetooth should not be a problem, but Wi-Fi will kill the battery life. If the FX new gauges are not Bluetooth then they better be $50 or less. With Bluetooth they can charge double or triple with really just a $10 parts difference.