• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Difficulty level to repair a Diana 460?

Aren't LIFETIME WARRANTY for RWS DIANA a NO RECEIPT TYPE? I RECALL MAYBE 15-20 years ago I screwed up 2 RWS 54s messing with their T01 trigger adjustments and BOTH would NOT FIRE. SENT BOTH FOR WARRANTY COCKED WITH PELLETS IN BOTH BARRELS WITH SOME CUT 2X4s and a 1/4" steel plate and towels against their muzzles just in case they went off during shipping then received 2 brand new replacements maybe 2 weeks later. They weren't the same ones since their serial numbers on the guns returned to me were different. Has anything changed? Yo!

You make an interesting point ! I purchased a used RWS 34 Classic on ebay and it ended up having a slightly bent barrel. Live and learn about buying used stuff on Ebay. Anyway, contacted Umerex/USA and they assigned me a repair return number. As was stated, they only wanted the action. No stock ! About three weeks later a FedEx package arrives and I noticed right away the box was quite long just to ship the action. Opened the box and to my surprise they sent me a brand new 34P (Panther) in .22cal. The bent barrel rifle was a Dec. 2018 stamped rifle. I had no receipt for the gun I sent and they never asked for one ! 

If you don't have a set of extra hands duct tape a pillow along the length of barrel. Be very careful removing the stock. Be prepared for it to release. But if it does the pillow will cushion the caulking arm form slamming against your barrel damaging anything.

A very good idea, and one I will use. Thanks. 

1592068067_894166725ee507e33ac014.29393122.jpg

Once I got the stock off, I could grab the cocking lever, take some tension off, and release the spring very slowly. I guess I’ll put it back and try it again. 

Aren't LIFETIME WARRANTY for RWS DIANA a NO RECEIPT TYPE? I RECALL MAYBE 15-20 years ago I screwed up 2 RWS 54s messing with their T01 trigger adjustments and BOTH would NOT FIRE. SENT BOTH FOR WARRANTY COCKED WITH PELLETS IN BOTH BARRELS WITH SOME CUT 2X4s and a 1/4" steel plate and towels against their muzzles just in case they went off during shipping then received 2 brand new replacements maybe 2 weeks later. They weren't the same ones since their serial numbers on the guns returned to me were different. Has anything changed? Yo!

download.png
1591919611_4532172385ee2c3fbcbe862.77628143.png

Well, there you go, go dated store receipt, no warranty.

Sounds like the anti bear trap is jammed. Possibly something in the linkage is bent. The main spring is definitely compressed so I would not recommend trying to open it up with your spring compressor. As mentioned earlier take it carefully out of the stock and inspect the cocking linkage and beartrap looking for anything unusual. Good luck that is a nice rifle and worth the effort.