Different holds with the FWB Sport

If a love/hate relationship was an air rifle, look no further. It’s been an adventure so far and slowly but surely we’re getting there. I think I’ve finally got the shot cycle to where I want it. It’s shooting hard and fast. A big 30mm piston will do that I guess. I located a machinist in my area and we’re working on a new rear spring guide so hopefully that will be the final step, until then my make shift sleeve is holding up ok. 

So on to the holds. And this is where most will chime in with comments and I welcome them. Traditionally, springer, artillery hold, right? Most of my rifles like it, a few don’t. Some like a little more grip pressure, some like to be snug in the shoulder. I found today that the FWB likes being pulled into the shoulder, tight grip, and tight resting hand. 

At 30 yards it was less noticeable, groups 1, 2, and 3 were a traditional artillery hold. Groups 4, 5, and 6 were tight. On group 5 I totally pulled shot number 4. The other 4 pellets measured .28”. Pushed out to 50 yards and things were more clear. Groups 1, 2, and 3 were held tight and all 3 under an inch. 4,5,6 was artillery and the groups opened up dramatically.
59628C08-4512-440D-8310-5E2F16BC884C.1641420657.jpeg
44887346-D27C-428E-8A25-E21F00552CCE.1641420658.jpeg
7778D1CF-B369-4C94-BA4D-221ECA2DA1C1.1641420660.jpeg

I can't comment on the gun other than to say I still want one to toy around with but your experience with it seems to be the general consensus. What I can comment on is that range of yours. That is fantastic! Is that a home setup?

It’s my home range. A few targets out of the picture are at 25, 47, and 95 yards.

268DFFAC-7D28-4FE0-85C1-CE16BE88FE2B.1641423526.jpeg

forgot the pic oops 

Thanks for sharing, great to have a bench perspective. Nice shooting and excellent range! How is the trigger, any adjustments? I have only shot mine from sticks and got best results by keeping the contact an inch forward of the balance point. Have not adjusted trigger yet but prefer a lighter pull and break weight compared to stock, one thing at a time :)

Thanks for sharing, great to have a bench perspective. Nice shooting and excellent range! How is the trigger, any adjustments? I have only shot mine from sticks and got best results by keeping the contact an inch forward of the balance point. Have not adjusted trigger yet but prefer a lighter pull and break weight compared to stock, one thing at a time :)

The trigger isn’t too bad. I haven’t taken it apart to see how the system works yet, mostly do to the fear of messing it up. I’ve read more than one post about people having issues with tripping the safety and not being able to cock the rifle. I played around with the adjustment screw a bit and found the best place for me so far. The first stage is a heavier than I like but I can feel when it hits the second. It’s breaking a little over a pound. If I screw it in past this it becomes a very short, light 1 stage trigger. If I loosen it, it feels like a longer creepy 1 stage trigger.