Difference in the JSB 18.1 gr. and the rebadged FX 18.1 grain JSB pellets

Hey Folks,

Made an interesting discovery today while shooting my .22 cal. HW100 STB while using JSB 18.1 gr. and the rebadged FX 18.1 grain pellet which I believe is made by JSB.

My airgun shoots good while using the JSB 18.1 gr. pellets flying at 885 fps, 5 shot groups cover by a quarter in a left to right 3 to 5 mph breeze, at 57 yards. Today , however for some reason I was getting a lot of flyers .

I decided to try some of the rebadged FX 18.1 JSB pellets. Both the JSB and the Fx pellets are 5.52 mm. 

Flyers disappeared! This is off the bench mind you. So I started looking at the pellets themselves. I discovered that the inside of the skirt of pellets are different. Look at the photos and see if you discover the difference and I would like to know your thoughts. 
20211107_172021.1636335961.jpg

Your correct. The "probe-point " inside the skirt is narrower in the FX pellet where as the base of the bottom of the JSB is much wider than the FX . I'm not sure if the skirt is thicker, time to pull out the calipers. 

I also notice that the FX pellets are not deformed as must as the standard JSB pellet. 

Newer pellet "molds" for lack of a better term?

If memory serves, somewhere on the forum is a video taken during a JSB factory tour where one of the questions asked was about the FX pellets and whether FX had their own dies. The reply was that everything FX tinned/branded, while made using JSB dies, is made using only one die. The JSB tinned/branded pellets while all in the same lot, come from multiple dies during that run.

If memory serves, somewhere on the forum is a video taken during a JSB factory tour where one of the questions asked was about the FX pellets and whether FX had their own dies. The reply was that everything FX tinned/branded, while made using JSB dies, is made using only one die. The JSB tinned/branded pellets while all in the same lot, come from multiple dies during that run.

Thats what JSB would like you to see, but it doesn't explain the difference in the skirt or the quality of the FX branded pellets, as illustrated in my photos, vs the standard label JSB's.

Ever tin of the FX branded JSB pellets I've looked at were the same , better quality than the standard.

I believe they are using a newer die on the FX pellets or the die was replaced after the lot of standard was discovered to be worn.

No bad reflection on JSB but curious. 

I hardly suggest you look yourself and purchase a tin of FX pellets and compare them, if you can find them.

Thats what JSB would like you to see, but it doesn't explain the difference in the skirt or the quality of the FX branded pellets, as illustrated in my photos, vs the standard label JSB's.

Ever tin of the FX branded JSB pellets I've looked at were the same , better quality than the standard.

I believe they are using a newer die on the FX pellets or the die was replaced after the lot of standard was discovered to be worn.

No bad reflection on JSB but curious. 

I hardly suggest you look yourself and purchase a tin of FX pellets and compare them, if you can find them.

Oh, I never said I actually believed it, just what I saw in the video someone posted of that factory tour. Finding them is actually pretty easy, I just have to look to my right at my pellet shelves....lol. The .25's are in the top right corner, the .22's are the middle 2 sections and the .177 are both the bottom sections. Top left is all .20

Pellets 9-22-2021.1636392783.jpg