• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Difference in the JSB 18.1 gr. and the rebadged FX 18.1 grain JSB pellets

I had heard that JSB makes the FX pellets on dies that FX owns. Just what I heard.

Very possible.

The difference in quality is noticeable not only in the amount of deformity of the pellet skirts but also the internal shape of the skirt.

Weather permitting, I'll post two groups, each shot from the same gun, same conditions , same magazine, same bar in vessel, of the two 18.1 gr. pellets.. The group sizes will be noticeable different. Both groups are reasonable, one is better. You decide, which group belongs to which pellet.

I'm not bashing JSB pellets, I'm sure that the JSB'S work great in some guns but I have found that the FX 18.1 pellet to work best in my hybrid Hw100 STB.

Great video by AEAC , thank you!

The final extra section explained the pellet differences between the pellets manufacture for the rebadged pellets. It answered the topic of this thread. 

I would highly recommend that everyone watch it. The quality control is amazing.

Below is the set of 2 groups I shot trying both the FX 18.1 and the JSB 18.1 grs. This will illustrate why it's so important to try different pellets in your guns even if they are from the same manufacturer. Each barrel has its own unique characteristics. 

Group on the left are JSB , group on the right is the FX rebadged. 885 fps with 2 to 4 mph left to right. 57 yards. The target is a 6 inch Birchwood reactive target. Both groups off the bench. 1 shot then following 4 shooting at the first. Not competition quality , but good start.
20211109_075912.1636477511.jpg

Hey Mike,

Did you get a chance to see the YouTube video AEAC put together touring the JSB plant ?Check it out, worth watching! It has a clue to how the specific manufacture of airguns come up with their own rebadged pellets.

My guess is the dies used are designed by JSB to the specifications of each gun manufacturer then the pellets are used for the rebadging of the pellets. Only the pellets from the same dies are used to insure a consistent product.

Cheers,

Mike

Sharing a recent experience, I weight sorted ten tins Air Arms Fields 16 gr'ers for my HW100 SK. They tended to lump up on a handful of weights for the most part, so got fatter tins of those weights. The sorts of Jumbos made previously tended to distribute more normally. Also, the number of non-modal head sizes, and their count, was faaaar fewer than the Jumbos, pelletgaged at "5.56mm".