Tuning Difference between power wheels on FX Crown Mk2

Hey Folks,

Recently, during several shooting sessions, I started noticing a change in my STD while shooting JSB 24.54 Kings, so l cleaned the barrel and started some shot string testing. Sure as the sun comes up, the shot strings showed a slight inconsistency in the normal STD. So I opener her up and found this, the edge of the power wheel at position 24 was chipped out. See picture below, you might have to enlarge it to see it better.

I believe it was cause due to the internal locking 1.5 mm allen screw that holds the pretension adjustment screw boss had came out and fell on the table. No fault to fx, I might have forgotten to snug it up after cleaning the hammer.

Ok, so no big deal. Hopped on the phone, called a very reputable airgun shop, whom i had bought the Crown mk2 from and ordered a new one, paid and got it 2 days later. When i opened the box i found not the 1 through 24 which it came with but the numbered and lettered one. 

What are your thoughts, should I accept the 1234abcd or request the same type the Cmk2 came with? Pros and cons , 1-24 vs 1234abcd power wheel.

Thanks ,

Mike

41217.1653712126.jpeg

So I would get it replace under warranty, the soft aluminum gets chewed up by the hammer spring preload pin which is steel!

CBDDC7F5-304E-4986-8F00-D449E35C3A70.1653716230.png

while you get a new one from FX you need to reach out to @Mrshosted via PM and get one of his HS power wheel with steel preload interface. It’s a must especially shooting with higher HS level. Yours is really chewed up!

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/new-montster-crown-power-wheel-is-next-level/

Both of my Crowns and Impact have the steel HS wheel while I’m still waiting for him make one for my Dreamline. @Mrshosted, can you please hurry it up? I’m not getting any younger! LOL! 

Nope, only adjusted the power wheel uncocked.

I was working on settings for different power settings for accuracy, very orderly process. Adjust reg to point of diminishing return for specific slug weight then back off 5%. Five shot groups, write down results, moved pw to new setting, repeat process. Then repeat group testing with TR wheel. Look for the best accuracy.

Thanks for the response 👍 

Mike

My maverick did something very similar, fx called it a wear item and wouldn’t warranty it. They did warranty the screw that chewed it up though, since they came out with an updated version to fix this. It only took 3 tries to get the correct cap head screw. They kept sending me the old style that chews up the power wheel that wasn’t covered under warranty. I thought it should have all been covered. 
Honestly I would want the 1-24 power wheel and then get one of the tougher aftermarket ones