• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Difference between gen 1 and gen 2 Marauder

I believe the biggest differences were the position of the trigger group and where it attaches to the main tube and (if I recall) the breach block attachment to the tube. The pressure tube, breach block, trigger group (I believe) and stock are not interchangeable between the two generations. The valve, guage block, fill assembly, barrel and most o-rings are interchangeable. There may be other differences I've forgotten and I might be mistaken about some I've mentioned. For a definitive list of differences, the parts list of both generations should be consulted. Parts with the same part numbers are interchangeable. I know for a fact the valve is interchangeable between the two, as I have a generation 2 valve in my generation 1 Marauder.

As far as the need to know which version you are dealing with for the TSS, that will be due to the trigger group position, which also means that the hammer and sear engagement are different and require slightly different parts in order to work correctly/safely.

The reason the TSS kit is specific to the Gen II is because the the pressure tube end cap is specific to each rifle due to the different bolt patterns for the Gen I and Gen II breech.The new end cap that came with the TSS kits replaces the OEM end cap and allowed for changing out springs by backing out the hammer spring adjust all the way out. You can't remove the hammer spring adjuster from the OEM cap without dissembling the rifle. 

The hammer (part # 1763A015) is the same in both the Gen I and Gen II but the hammer springs are different. Gen I part # 1763-009 and Gen II 1764-009. Like the Disco the Gen I Marauder was also dual fuel (HPA/CO2) when it came out but Crosman dropped that with the Gen II and the springs in the valve and hammer changed. 

I don't know anyone making a TSS kit any longer. WAR is no longer around and JSAR hasn't been making parts for some time now. 

If they don’t have one you can still always do a twin spring system with the OEM cap. Just doesn’t have the convenience of being able to change springs as easily. I don’t know the sizes or length of springs they were using though.

I installed a free flight hammer in my Marauders. AOA sells a free flight hammer kit. others have made their own versions.