Difference between FX .22 slug liner and superior heavy?

I've been using a .22 slug liner the last couple years and absolutely love it, I like shooting heavy rounds sometimes and though the slug liner shoots some of my cast slugs ok I wanted to try the heavy and just skip the regular superior.

Anyways I ordered one but now looking at it, is it essentially the same twist rate as the slug liner? What is the difference between the .22 slug and heavy liner? Just the slightly slower twist rate?

Superior heavy liner in 700mm 1:16

https://fxairguns-usa.com/fx-superior-stx-liner-twist-rates/

Slug A liner in 700mm 1:15

https://www.trenieroutdoors.com/fx-airguns-twist-rate-data/

Glem, Your post is timely. What slug selection are you shooting?

I am testing these two liners as well as the SSTX with my 700mm Maverick in .22 Each with a selection of slugs ranging from 22gr to 31.5gr in .217 and .2165 from JSB,FX, H&N and NSA. I am tuning for speed and groups @ 50 ,accuracy testing @ 100 and a fine tune for our Pdogs out to 275yds. Curious to find out which are the worthy combos in my Maverick. So far the NSA 28.5 @970 have proven to be accurate on Pdogs from 160 to 213yds with the Heavy liner. I feel there is room for improvement though. These are not "one shot-one kill" as the environment and my skill are at play here too, but happy with the results. The token pellet choice for me is the JSB RD 25.39 and out to a 100 is unbeatable so far in the SSTX liner. More to come with the Slug A next up.

Patrick

Twist rates and the "lands" depth/height are slightly different, tighter on the superior/heavy. Also my understanding is the machines making them are new and more precise so the superior versions of the pellet and slug/heavy liners are more consistent. So far after about 6 different superior pellet and heavy liners I can say I haven't found a bad barrel or even not so great barrel yet, all of them shot phenomenal.........not to say my slug A barrels shot anything but awesome either. Guess I got luck on all the barrels and liners I have? I have gone through well over 10 barrels/liners in 177, 22 and 25 caliber, I have a 30 but never shot it so it doesn't count. 

Glem, Your post is timely. What slug selection are you shooting?

I am testing these two liners as well as the SSTX with my 700mm Maverick in .22 Each with a selection of slugs ranging from 22gr to 31.5gr in .217 and .2165 from JSB,FX, H&N and NSA. I am tuning for speed and groups @ 50 ,accuracy testing @ 100 and a fine tune for our Pdogs out to 275yds. Curious to find out which are the worthy combos in my Maverick. So far the NSA 28.5 @970 have proven to be accurate on Pdogs from 160 to 213yds with the Heavy liner. I feel there is room for improvement though. These are not "one shot-one kill" as the environment and my skill are at play here too, but happy with the results. The token pellet choice for me is the JSB RD 25.39 and out to a 100 is unbeatable so far in the SSTX liner. More to come with the Slug A next up.

Patrick

17.5, 20.2, 23, 24.8, 27.5, 28.5 NSA

36gr round nose MP molds cast, and the 36 (I think) spire point MP as well. 

The slug liner shoots all the NSA great, and the round nose MP pretty well, haven't tried the spire point much yet.

Good to know!

Twist rates and the "lands" depth/height are slightly different, tighter on the superior/heavy. Also my understanding is the machines making them are new and more precise so the superior versions of the pellet and slug/heavy liners are more consistent. So far after about 6 different superior pellet and heavy liners I can say I haven't found a bad barrel or even not so great barrel yet, all of them shot phenomenal.........not to say my slug A barrels shot anything but awesome either. Guess I got luck on all the barrels and liners I have? I have gone through well over 10 barrels/liners in 177, 22 and 25 caliber, I have a 30 but never shot it so it doesn't count.

Ok thanks, sounds promising. I've shot the .22 slug A in 700 and 500 a lot and is my go to barrel.