Hatsan Diesling the Hatsan 135 Carnivore in .30 Caliber; ~60 FPE !!!

Hello everyone,
I was watching videos on YT the other day and stumbled across this video, by a you-tuber BlockethOutdoors:

The guy diesled the 135 Carnivore, a .30 caliber break barrel from Hatsan and tried out the diesling process with some 44.75 grain FX (I believe he had FX pellets), and achieved a staggering velocity of up to 800 fps, but around 770 fps in general by diesling the shots with petroleum jelly - a vaseline supplement. A power level of that magnitude generated around 60+ foot-pounds of muzzle energy, which was more than enough (penetration wise), to cleanly dispatch the critters he was hunting, he was going after ground hogs.

Another thing I'd add in terms of penetration is, that we were able to clearly see that a .30 caliber pellet, at a lower velocity, certainly delivers greater knockdown power down-range, by naturally having a greater overall weight than a .25 cal. pellet or even slug, but the penetration (without diseling the shots) is far lesser than that of a faster flying .25 cal. The shot he took on that groundhog's head did NOT finish him off right off the bat, like it should in order to deliver a clean kill, but instead likely ricocheted or bounced off of it's head in some direction, whilst at the same time delivering enough kinetic energy to cause serious internal bleeding within the animal - that's why traces of blood were noticeable.

One more thing, DO NOT diesel your shots, because it can and most probably will cause serious damage to both of the seals in the gun, the piston one and the one on the breech. The guy here in the video is most likely going to destroy this one at some point for the views... 😥

IMHO. Here is another guy on YouTube that shouldn't even own a airgun.

I dispatch my share of rockchucks every year with my 130QE or 135 every year without doing this. Both mine shooting at around 600fps with rebuilt rams that have more pressure than stock 150 bar rams.
True, especially true, if you use Predator polymer tipped pellets, those have extra penetration and there's no diseling required, there's already enough power to it to dispatch pretty much anything small game related. Diesling only ruins the gun and can potentially injure you, should the gun explode. But I honestly didn't think it'd retain its level of accuracy when dieseled, nor have I anticipated such high velocities out of this barrel length, plus given the weight of the pellets - note, they were 45 grain .30 cal pellets, traveling close to 800 fps and in some instances even over that velocity level. But as I've already stated, I've never tried to diesel any of my guns, because I know the price you can pay for that... When I got my last springer, the mod. 125 standard, I wiped the barrel down immediately, so that the wipes came out clean and have swept away all of the "cosmoline" from within the bore, before I started shooting the gun, because I didn't want the gun to be diesling. The gun wasn't diesling any, even from within the cylinder chamber, because I was successful in wiping off all of the factory grease.

Reactions: Septicdeath