Die-Hard Squirrel (Airgun Hunting Competition Video)

I came across this video and around the 7:00 mark I saw a squirrel that was in serious survival mode. This is not my style of hunting. I don’t use dogs for squirrels (yet), I certainly don’t go out in groups, and these guys are making a lot of noise. This is a competition. I guess there’s an abundance of the critters in the place they’re at. Anyhow, I thought this was a great illustration of how agile and game these animals are in their natural environment. Thought I’d share. They can definitely get the heart pumping.

Well, if you've got enough buddies I guess that's one way. Doesn't seem very sporting to me.
The squirrels in my woods have a much better chance of not getting swiss cheesed by a bunch of shooters.
They only have to contend with me, a partially deaf hunter. I often hear them scrambling around a tree but can't use my hearing to locate them like I used to. I would love to hunt with a dog or another person for this reason but not a group.`

Wow...didn't know there was actual hunting "competition"...I mean I knew about like between one or two guys but wow🤣this is a whole other level that I am not sure about....morally....I could hear those squirrels taking shot after shot; even while DRT😵‍💫I've never group hunted for squirrel though🤷‍♂️but in all my group hunts we have a set order of firing depending on game location. Not everyone blast away🤦‍♂️
Educational video for me I suppose so thanks OP🎩🤙

ugg I dont find this sporting nor would I do this , however as a kid ,long ago my friend and I had our first airguns at like 12 yrs old and used to hunt gray squirrels , he had a dog like lassie I forgot breed name but heck this dog used to find squirrels in trees on one would ever see , this was only time I ever hunted with a dog but dogs are a big advantage , but to have a group just shooting at them and them running , I kind of felt sorry for them ,LOU

We used to hunt that way in north Georgia only with shotguns. Not terribly sporting but at least I used a muzzle loading shotgun. I had a great Feist dog in those days. She would climb trees to get to squirrels. I still hunt with dogs. My current pup isn't the greatest but he's got heart and he can find and retrieve downed game in the thickets where we hunt. He'd have a ball in that kind of open understory where those folks were hunting. At my age I need a buddy along and I'd rather hunt with a dog than with people.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1