• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Did I make a Mistake?

I am absolutely a 'Truck Gun User" for sure. Even the Taipan Vet Long .25 works for that and a compact or standard version would be ridiculously sweet.

We all have some biases and mine is with Taipan but the Cricket is VERY appealing.

Crosman999 said ... those who have done a ton of varmint hunting know that having a semi auto is not necessary." TOTALLY TRUE

Vetmx said ... "Taking a complicated gun camping is no different than taking a complicated woman camping, it’s a gamble." TOTALLY TRUE

Since the Cricket moved the cocking lever forward, it's made it more appealing to many, myself included. I think it's only a matter of time until Taipan does the same. When they do, I plan to buy one in the standard length. Agree that a semi auto is not "necessary" for varmint hunting. Neither are power windows on my cars, but I sure like them. Also agree that for a camping gun simple and reliable is better. It's great to have the choices currently available in airguns

I am absolutely a 'Truck Gun User" for sure. Even the Taipan Vet Long .25 works for that and a compact or standard version would be ridiculously sweet.

We all have some biases and mine is with Taipan but the Cricket is VERY appealing.

Crosman999 said ... those who have done a ton of varmint hunting know that having a semi auto is not necessary." TOTALLY TRUE

Vetmx said ... "Taking a complicated gun camping is no different than taking a complicated woman camping, it’s a gamble." TOTALLY TRUE

I took everyone’s opinions and experiences to heart for my decision for sure. I completely agree with the two assessments above. Lol

I took everyone’s opinions and experiences to heart for my decision for sure. I completely agree with the two assessments above. Lol

Very Good Sir. Let us know what you get unless I missed that above.

Very Good Sir. Let us know what you get unless I missed that above.

Yes, and please include picture of complicated woman.😅

I agree that semi-auto is not *necessary*, but... it *has* added a dimension to things. The ability to fire another shot relatively quickly means more opportunity in a target-rich environment before critters realize they should scatter. I didn't expect this at all, but it's been more helpful than I imagined.

GsT

I agree that semi-auto is not *necessary*, but... it *has* added a dimension to things. The ability to fire another shot relatively quickly means more opportunity in a target-rich environment before critters realize they should scatter. I didn't expect this at all, but it's been more helpful than I imagined.

GsT

Exactly. Not "necessary" but far from useless. I don't own any semi-auto airgun and don't "need" one but I'd like to have one. How nice it would be to be one of those who never need a second shot. Not to mention the possible fun factor.

GsT

100% agree that a semi auto would be great to have. I do plan on getting one after this summer or early next year. I am getting the Leshiy in 30 CAL. My plan and so far and my wife is ok with it - so far, is too give our Son the .22 single shot Talon SS; I got the Cricket 2 as my backyard friendly-ish gun so we can shoot together, but also hunt with it, then get the semi auto Leshiy after about 6 months or so and then next year I am getting the Texan SS in .457 with carbon bottle. That should round me out for years of fun. The only thing extra I might get is a Jefferson State Raptor Mini just to have one in 25 CAL.

I know lofty goals, especially with the pellet/slug shortages. I may not be able to even get ammo for this stuff in the near future anymore. I am ordering stuff 90 days out on backorder just for ammo. And this is non-burner ammo. Unreal. I guess that's another topic. 

Having a semi auto is definitely fun but I have to be very careful not to get to trigger happy. Lol The LCS is a mean varmint hunting gun but can sometimes get almost unfair as dumb as that sounds. My last big trip we filmed I had wiped out around 100 ground squirrels with it in just a few hours. I'm always careful with the big calibers as they seem to be better suited to some of the large more open type terrain. Around some of the close quarter permissions we like to stick with the lower FPE rifles. I cringe when I see guys shooting high FPE rifles into the air...those slugs carry a longe way and are in many ways unnecessary in a farm setting. Those Crickets are nice guns, I've had a few, one of which Nick Nielsen took a Coyote with. It was in .25 caliber and had the larger plenum picked up from Georgia Airguns. I like simple and the Cricket is definitely a no nonsense gun, I'm sure you will enjoy it ten folds. Cheers 

Well I am officially an air gunner I guess. Got a Cricket 2 in .25 with an Athlon Ares BTR on it. Also got an FX Impact MK2 Compact 30 CAL SPAW tuned slugger with a Meopta Optika6 4C on it and I got the Crimson Trace Series 2 50% off from midway for the old .22 Talon SS. Ready or not I am in the game and now it's time to play and learn how PCPs really work and get to fine tuning, making mistakes and finding successes. 

Got a 50 yard range at home and lots of open desert 5 minutes away. Time to get shooting.

Well I am officially an air gunner I guess. Got a Cricket 2 in .25 with an Athlon Ares BTR on it. Also got an FX Impact MK2 Compact 30 CAL SPAW tuned slugger with a Meopta Optika6 4C on it and I got the Crimson Trace Series 2 50% off from midway for the old .22 Talon SS. Ready or not I am in the game and now it's time to play and learn how PCPs really work and get to fine tuning, making mistakes and finding successes. 

Got a 50 yard range at home and lots of open desert 5 minutes away. Time to get shooting.

Sounds like you have a dream setup... def time to get at it :) I have the opposite... lots of air and only a 10yd/indoor, and a desert of anti's a breath away. Lol. Have fun, buddy!