Did I make a big mistake? I bought a Yong Heng compressor from China!!

I thought the whole shooting thing had something to do with the XX! Look at our boards and see how many single X types post!

​By the way, cultural difference. In Japan, it's typical to open the box, and READ the entire instruction manual before unpacking the rest of the product.

​Here in the US, it's typical (just like in Germany apparently) to unpack everything. Put it together like we think it should be, curse the designer, then read the instructions.

​Not sure about the Land Down Under, but around here instructions LAST! (Joking of course)

Wow Moehofer! Thanks for your most excellent post on the Yong Heng compressor! I would like to know how long it took to fill your 60 min. scba air tank all the way up to 4500 psi from empty, and then how long it takes to fill the tank back up to 4500 psi from say 2000 psi. Also I would like to know if the compressor's power cord feels hot when you plug it directly into the outlet. I hope you won't have any more problems with it, but I think it is really great that when it did have a problem it just shut itself down and refused to hurt itself.
Regards, Chuck

Ya, I love this guy's channel for it's entertainment value. I would never utilize it for a product review though...he should know what a water pump is, use the supplied crank breather, pull/vent through the fill port to drain oil, bleed both the low and high pressure stages before starting and use the appropriate sealant before he slaps the high pressure head back on. No wonder the "buyer assembled" hose/filter assembly leaked.

Hi chuck unfortunately I cannot answer your question. The 60 minute tank was not mine it belonged to a friend of mine.

I only have a 45 minute tank but haven't filled it in months. The reason is I fill my gun directly from the compressor. It is much easier on the compressor that way rather than filling tank. It has to pump less at high pressures that way.
Awesome awesome compressor by the way! For value it simply blows all other options out of the water and into the woods! I am super thrilled with this thing! 

I have never observed cords getting hot.

it fills my cricket from 100 bar to 250 bar in just under 2 minutes. 

Moe I thank you very much for your reply and all your info on this Hong Yeng compressor! I looked at these about a year ago when I bought a regulator for my old Condor SS...but I was hesitant and thought to wait and let someone else be the test guy. (kind of cowardly on my part now that I think about it) :) Thanks again!
Best regards, Chuck

I bought my Yong Heng 120V Auto shut-off model from Amazon, got it all set up yesterday and started filling my new 74 cf Air Venturi tank from zero. Knew it would take a while, ran compressor fo 20 min intervals with approx. 20 min cool down in between. Set the shut off pressure at low pressure to make sure it functioned properly with no problems. Set it for my top end pressure, but during the end of the second 20 min run it shut down before the tank was full. Upon inspection the pressure shut-off gauge had basically come apart (indicator needle has appearently come loose on the shaft causing premature shut down) so I had to disconnect the switch to finish filling my tank. Luckily I had purchased an inline gauge as a double check feature. MoeHofer, I read you had the contact info for the manufacturer and was wondering if you or anyone else out there could share it as I have not been able to locate it? Other than this minor inconvenience the compressor worked flawlessly and I am totally satisfied with my purchase. Total run time to fill the 74 cf tank was just over 50 minutes, remember that's from 0 to 4500 psi.

mlrider.....when did you order yours....tracking shows mine is waiting at my door....I have oil at home for the tractors and such but am going to pick some up on the way home, synthetic if I can.

I plan on doing some real recording, measuring amp draw, and keeping track of use, issues....I figure with the price here for a fill I need to use this 70 times for the cost of the unit to make even.

fpgt72..... I ordered mine from Amazon on Oct 16, 2017 and received it Oct 24th (shipped from China). I did not unbox it until Nov 16th (my procrastinating lol) and discovered no instruction manual had been included (YouTube to the rescue). After the pressure gauge/shutoff switch failed I sent a message to the seller I got it from on Amazon and after numerous e-mails back and forth (they don't understand english real well) I finally took a picture of the broken pressure gauge/cut-off switch removed from the compressor and still showing 1000 psi to the last e-mail. Bingo (light bulb came on) they got it and are sending me a new replacement pressure gauge/cut-off switch (yeah). I would recommend getting on of these http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Venturi_Inline_Air_Pressure_Gauge_0_to_4500_psi/3865 to install on the quick connect fitting at the end of the hose as a back-up just in case. I have a small kiddie pool for my dogs in my back yard so I used it instead of a 5 gallon bucket (no worries about water heating up like a bucket) and my temp gauge never even got up to 50 degrees C. Seller also sent me a pdf file instruction manual that does have necessary info on starting and stopping the compressor properly, hope yours comes with the instructions. Good luck with yours, hope you get many fills out of it.

"mlrider"fpgt72..... I ordered mine from Amazon on Oct 16, 2017 and received it Oct 24th (shipped from China). I did not unbox it until Nov 16th (my procrastinating lol) and discovered no instruction manual had been included (YouTube to the rescue). After the pressure gauge/shutoff switch failed I sent a message to the seller I got it from on Amazon and after numerous e-mails back and forth (they don't understand english real well) I finally took a picture of the broken pressure gauge/cut-off switch removed from the compressor and still showing 1000 psi to the last e-mail. Bingo (light bulb came on) they got it and are sending me a new replacement pressure gauge/cut-off switch (yeah). I would recommend getting on of these http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Venturi_Inline_Air_Pressure_Gauge_0_to_4500_psi/3865 to install on the quick connect fitting at the end of the hose as a back-up just in case. I have a small kiddie pool for my dogs in my back yard so I used it instead of a 5 gallon bucket (no worries about water heating up like a bucket) and my temp gauge never even got up to 50 degrees C. Seller also sent me a pdf file instruction manual that does have necessary info on starting and stopping the compressor properly, hope yours comes with the instructions. Good luck with yours, hope you get many fills out of it.
I did a wright up on another forum (motorcycle) where I talked about my un boxing process....I think my manual is missing a few pages. I ordered mine from amazon last Wed 11-15-17 and it showed up yesterday 11-20-17, mine shipped from the peoples republic of kalafornia.....I was really shocked by the box and just how well it was packed...as well as the weight. I have not powered it up yet as I need to grab some oil....lazy last night.

I will cross post my thoughts here for all.

Mindless cut and paste.

Breaking news......

Ok...wow, come on china...make a manual that sounds like it should not be in the WTF thread. You mean to tell me that you can't get a person somewhere on this planet that understands mandarin or whatever you guys speak over there that also has command of the english language....quit being the butt of jokes in the english speaking world.

And in spending the 2min and 24 seconds to read the manual cover to cover....twice.....ahh really, there is nothing in here. For me to put hook it all up I am going back to youtube videos to see what is the inlet and what is the outlet for the water flow. It did spec the oil type, but that was about it....the bleed valve handles are not screwed in...it is not stated in the manual where they go...it is a no brainer, but the point I am trying to make here is you really see where they corners are cut (docs wise). I would bet if this thing was sold in the US by a US company the manual would be 5x as thick....but the really funny thing is the manual is in just english.....when was the last time you bought something that had the book in just english....this struck me as funny....sorry a bit of cs&m humor there.

The machine itself, I did not tear it down like the sling shot guy, but it does seem nice....good machine work on all the parts, the metal cover is thick and nice corners, edges, nothing sharp...I would guess 18 gauge or so for the cover. Everything else is about the same quality, nice thick power cord, the "book" did spec 8 amps for the draw....I will measure this when I fire it up....might be tomorrow, my back is just killing me now....hose looks good, can't see a maker on it.

All in all the build quality of the machine looks very nice, only thing I have found is a small plastic "burr" on one of the handles for the bleeding of air, where it was likely on a parts tree....anyone that has built a plastic model knows what I am talking about...if you just twist your part off you get that sharp pointy bit of plastic on your part, and you have to sand, cut, whatever it off.

Sorry if this is wordy, this thing has been out a while, and I have not read a review that I have liked with the detail I want....so sorry guys for all the verbage....plus I tend to get wordy after a pain pill.

More to follow.

That did not paste in real well, but I guess it will do.

I plan on doing some real record tracking on this thing...by my estimates it will take ~70 fills to hit the even point. I am going to measure amp draw, oil changes, number of fills....anything and everything....I really want to have a blow by blow detail on MY experience with this thing. This way people on the fence can see just how it worked for ME.
Guess it is a carry over from my reloading where I am pretty anal about stuff.

I will likely run the thread here and open a new one so it will be easy for people to find and not get lost in the general stream of this thread.

I think it might help people.

I have decided to just add my findings here....too lazy to start a new thread.

I fired the thing up last night....did not try to fill anything yet, just oiled it up and turned it on.

Well it does make air.

Amp draw is 13.3 at startup, and 10 when running....it likes power. I let it run for about a minute or so then shut it off. Hard to tell much with it not hooked to anything to build pressure, but I really wanted to see if the thing would work.

It does also make heat....quick....real quick. Thinking I might rig up some kind of fan setup to move air over the high pressure head....heat is going to be the enemy.

I think heat is going to be the real enemy of this little guy....and boy it does get warm (HOT) 

I have ran it perhaps a minute to put pressure direct into a rifle (yea yea, I wanted to see if it would work) 

I am still waiting on parts to do fills in other things, my dryer and a few adapters, stupid CC got compromised and that slowed everything way down.