Did I ever learn a lesson today

Finally our weather and my time cooperated and I got a free couple hours to get out and shoot.
Had dialed in my FPS to 880 here in the garage, live in NW Oregon and don't like cold rain, for some JSB 18's and going to try FX 18's as well. So mid 50's and no rain and out I go to my shooting place. Thought I had things figured out and was going to get all dialed in. NOT!!
With an 8mph wind groups at 50 were quarter size, I'm thinking not bad but why did I have to make scope adjustments? Hum... go out to 75 and groups opened up 1 1/2" or so and drifting left. To be expected but something wasn't right, hook up the FX chrony and "what" my power is 50fps slow!! Can't be I'm the only one that touches the gun, what in the world is going on. Cranked it back up to 886 from 830ish and things felt right again.
Now I've lurked and read a lot around here and know that Temps can make a difference on speed etc. but that much I didn't realize. I have to say though this Cricket II Tactical 45 is shooting very sweet, chrony only read two numbers 886 and 888! I'll take that consistency for two full mags. From now on I'm checking speed at the beginning and not waiting and wondering for an hour lol. Of course soon as I figured this out here comes a shower to shut me down and now it's till next time.
Lesson learned was, Temps can make a difference and ck ur speed when you haven't been out of the garage in awhile and save possible confusion, well at least for a bone head like me🤔

Over the last year to 18 months I have meticulously set up each of my rifles to utilize scope click adjustments instead of just MIL or MRAD holdover. Many of these sessions were completed in the +/- 50 degree range on “nice” Indiana fall and winter days. With temps now in the 70s and even 80s on some recent days, I find that my hold over charts are two too three clicks to high in elevation.

I have also noted when working with my Panthera that consumes so much air, the great white tank pressure doesn’t hold near as long at 40 degrees as on the 70 degree range.

Temperature conditions certainly do matter.

Funny...

I have my shop at 72°F and I was shooting in 33°F weather, in and out.

My Seckmet gauge tells the temp too and I didn't see such a drop in my rig.
Stuck me odd too with that kind of dip as well. Just know that it won't happen again... funny thing was it was grouping fine in the 830's except for a bit of wind. Looking like 850-860 might be where I will end of once the Oregon weather agrees with me again on my days off...