• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman Did I break my NEW Limited Edition Crosman 362 ?

362-1.JPG

I got the 100th annivesary edition. #490 of 2023 made. So beautiful. Williams peep site. Fiber optic front site. Super light weight, yet solid.

It won't pump up. It did at first, but then I :

dry fired it many times filming the trigger

shot it once with the bolt open, it snapped shut

When I sat down to film the shooting portion, the gun would not pump up.

Did I do that?

Are you not supposed to dry fire pump guns?

Like this gun? I posted a thread with alot of close up pics here: https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...man-326-close-up-pics-2023-were-made.1297072/

36222.JPG

Last edited:
I'll bet that's going to leave a scare. :oops:
It seems like a tragedy, but one o-ring later it will be good as new. It may be broken now, but it will ALWAYS be #490 !!

and it did hurt, but not as much as missing out on this one. The 2250XE.
3622222222222222.jpg

I had the money (20 years ago this was!), but I was being cheap, then when I decided to get it, they were sold out. I literally looked for one for years after that, I finally gave up. But it still upsets me now, 20 years later. The 2250 is my personal favorite Crosman. I feel it's the ultimate off hand shooter. Back in the day I killed hundreds of birds with the synthetic one. I don't kill birds anymore. Only bullseyes.

Reactions: Moe M.
I wouldn't think dry-firing that pumper could result in any problems. It has essentially the same mechanism as the 1322, doesn't it? I've dry fired mine many times, without any problems. I'd first look at the seal between the action and where the compressed air is stored, immediately below.

As mentioned maybe some o-ring got dislodged somehow. Maybe one was damaged, but I'm having a hard time imagining which one could have been damaged.

I wouldn't think dry-firing that pumper could result in any problems. It has essentially the same mechanism as the 1322, doesn't it? I've dry fired mine many times, without any problems. I'd first look at the seal between the action and where the compressed air is stored, immediately below.

As mentioned maybe some o-ring got dislodged somehow. Maybe one was damaged, but I'm having a hard time imagining which one could have been damaged.
Great, thank you for the info. I feel better. I can update this thread when I find out what happened. I will look at it.

so, let me get this straight
you pumped up the rifle, left the bolt open and slammed the hammer against the open bolt slamming the bolt into the breech and now it will not pump up
will it dry fire, can you cock the gun and the hammer moves back and is held with the sear or is it jammed up against the valve holding the valve open
i am going to say this, trying to be mean but that is a careless mistake
and for an Oring to be damaged ????? the valve could have been damaged
you will tell us sooner than later i figure

so, let me get this straight
you pumped up the rifle, left the bolt open and slammed the hammer against the open bolt slamming the bolt into the breech and now it will not pump up
will it dry fire, can you cock the gun and the hammer moves back and is held with the sear or is it jammed up against the valve holding the valve open
i am going to say this, trying to be mean but that is a careless mistake
and for an Oring to be damaged ????? the valve could have been damaged
you will tell us sooner than later i figure
Oh...that may have done it. Nothing seemed jammed. The bolt was going back and forth okay. I tried everything to get it to hold air so I'm sure I tried to cock it. I think that Crosman will have to fix this one, but I can still find out what happened I think.

Oh...that may have done it. Nothing seemed jammed. The bolt was going back and forth okay. I tried everything to get it to hold air so I'm sure I tried to cock it. I think that Crosman will have to fix this one, but I can still find out what happened I think.
Cock the gun before pumping. With no air pressure the hammer is opening the valve.

Reactions: Struckat
View attachment 388929

I got the 100th annivesary edition. #490 of 2023 made. So beautiful. Williams peep site. Fiber optic front site. Super light weight, yet solid.

It won't pump up. It did at first, but then I :

dry fired it many times filming the trigger

shot it once with the bolt open, it snapped shut

When I sat down to film the shooting portion, the gun would not pump up.

Did I do that?

Are you not supposed to dry fire pump guns?

Like this gun? I posted a thread with alot of close up pics here: https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...man-326-close-up-pics-2023-were-made.1297072/

View attachment 388930

"Are you not supposed to dry fire pump guns?"

No harm at all in dry-firing pump guns. But you shouldn't dry-fire any airgun with the action open.

How long have you been "reviewing" airguns? Any idea how many airguns you've "reviewed"?

If all else fails, read the manual.

"Are you not supposed to dry fire pump guns?"

No harm at all in dry-firing pump guns. But you shouldn't dry-fire any airgun with the action open.

How long have you been "reviewing" airguns? Any idea how many airguns you've "reviewed"?

If all else fails, read the manual.
I have made 328 review videos....so over 300 guns at least. When I started I saw Airgun Gear show had about 100 videos and had 100k subscribers. I thought if I made 100 videos, I would have 100k subs. Didn't work out that way.

OK here;s what happened" pulling the bolt all the way back in cocking position then pulling the trigger bolt goes forward not quite aliened and hit the poppet vale and bends it off center then holds vale open so when pumping the air goes through the vale that is opened and bent will not seal until straighten up"Sorry man" but that's the way the cookie crumbles.