Did Diana make a mistake?

Yes, it was a mistake. I'm a fan of the 34. I bought one of the cheap Midway EMS. Gave it away. Pellets constantly falling out of the breach. Don't even think about anything less than .53mm or you'll be dry firing all the time unless you hold the rifle vertical when loading. Didn't like the trigger vs my T05s and T06s. Have to send it off to do something that was supposed to be able to be done at home. Cost as much to replace a barrel as I give for the whole rifle. The person I gave it to no longer shoots it, he mistakenly dry fired too many times, no longer accurate. The EMS now just sits in the corner of the barn gathering dust.

Yes, it was a mistake. I'm a fan of the 34. I bought one of the cheap Midway EMS. Gave it away. Pellets constantly falling out of the breach. Don't even think about anything less than .53mm or you'll be dry firing all the time unless you hold the rifle vertical when loading. Didn't like the trigger vs my T05s and T06s. Have to send it off to do something that was supposed to be able to be done at home. Cost as much to replace a barrel as I give for the whole rifle. The person I gave it to no longer shoots it, he mistakenly dry fired too many times, no longer accurate. The EMS now just sits in the corner of the barn gathering dust.
Man... I seen guys with a few diana guns with the big leades saying pellets just can go straight through the barrel loading up..lol. Posts like who makes the largest pellets .. most were .22 guns

The you joking said you bought a "cheap" ems ? Ones i looked at did not seem cheap...... In price

Back then id think wow i could dog up a extra 50-70$ and just get another r9.

Its funny that when they came out with it and you read and looked it over it was a naaaa, just not somrhing id like right off.

Heres somthing we made fun of .. its kinda china product like
typos.jpg

Man... I seen guys with a few diana guns with the big leades saying pellets just can go straight through the barrel loading up..lol. Posts like who makes the largest pellets .. most were .22 guns

The you joking said you bought a "cheap" ems ? Ones i looked at did not seem cheap...... In price

Back then id think wow i could dog up a extra 50-70$ and just get another r9.

Its funny that when they came out with it and you read and looked it over it was a naaaa, just not somrhing id like right off.

Heres somthing we made fun of .. its kinda china product like View attachment 336180
MISUE, BEFOREN, AND BLUE LINE LLC, CHINA FOR SURE.

I had owned many of the 34 Chinese clones and I wanted a true German made D34. Back in September 2021 I found one and bought it, it was one of the last Diana 34 TO6 Classic rifles that Numrich Gun Parts Corporation had. I paid $199.99 for it. It shoots so much better than I expected. I regret that I didn't buy a D350 magnum from them then a well.

Already posted my experience with 2 EMS. 5 older Diana 34's and a 36 - later 80's into the late 90's, all were tack drivers, no issues, love the front sights. Kept 2 for both kids and they are crack shots with them. I won't recommend a EMS at all. Certainly those here that know springers inside and out, bet its an air rifle begging for tinkering and upgrades. Since transition to BlueLine in Canada, I'm hesitant to buy anything backed by their service ... IF they'll even respond at all (both AOA and Pry Air sent me to them). If BlueLine ignores, tap on Diana in Germany for help. Been tickled pink with the older Diana 34's with the iron hooded front sight. Older 34's were a treat in my venture into springers.

Reactions: Lt.Dan
The initial interest for me was the whole highly hyped idea of their EMS platform. I could buy the rifle as say a .177 springer, buy the .22 barrel and gas ram, have it all in gun case and change barrel/power plant whenever I chose.
When they took those options off the table, the rifle for me anyway, lost the whole point of the EMS name and reason for it. I completely lost any interest in it and figured they should at least change the name and get rid of the EMS part since it no longer was or is and you need a qualified repair center to do that for you.
For anyone that does want one, by all means buy one. Just no interest for me and I'll happily stick with the older D34 T01 and D34K Premium T06 I have.