• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dianna 34 broke. In the market for a new one.

Its a Walter Terris in different clothing. AoA was selling them for $99-$150 clearance.

I would rather spend that kind of money on a SIG ASP20 when shopping smart it's the same price as the 3400.

1598485667_3013854475f46f4a33f6143.60173758.png

Or save your money and Buy the $85.00 RWS 35 Clone that has tons of positive high praise reviews if you actually checked the reviews on Flying Dragons website.

Bought a new Dianna 34 back in May and loved the thing. It’s a pleasure to shoot, deadly accurate, and simple to work on. Yesterday after firing it yesterday it wouldn’t close. After inspecting it I noticed the firing pin was stuck in the fire position. Long story short I wound up cracking the front end of the stock.

Mine came with the Lifetime warrant (doubt its lifetime but it’s only been 3 months) so I’m sending it back to Umarex.

In the meantime I want something to shoot. I want to buy something around $300. I’m looking for .22cal that’s accurate and fast as possible for target practice and critters. What do you think about the HW50? Any other Diannas out there that you guys like at that price? I really can’t spring the money for an HW95 or I would probably go with that.

Also considered a Ruger Airhawk to save some money. Thanks guys!

there's a 34 .22 with a vortek kit in it 4 sale on the gta classifieds in your price range

What do you guys think about the Hatson 95 in .177? Could be nice to have something other than 22.

While most shooters will say don't waste your money, they are solid, nicely built springers that just like any other gun out there can benefit from a good tune. I've owned or still do all 3 calibers. 

The Quattro trigger while no comparison to a Rekord or T06 (yes, I also own guns with both) is still a very good 2 stage trigger. Adjusted well and you get the hang of the trigger pull on one, they're really not one bit bad.

If you're considering one, I'd say get the spring version. Yes, the gas rammed ones can be tuned, but the spring versions have more wiggle room to get a smoother shooting rifle with a good spring guide and top hat fitted right. 

Its a Walter Terris in different clothing. AoA was selling them for $99-$150 clearance.

I would rather spend that kind of money on a SIG ASP20 when shopping smart it's the same price as the 3400.

Or save your money and Buy the $85.00 RWS 35 Clone that has tons of positive high praise reviews if you actually checked the reviews on Flying Dragons website.

This. I have the clone with a full trigger tune and mod. Still breaking in, but good so far..

This. I have the clone with a full trigger tune and mod. Still breaking in, but good so far..

I’ve been curious about these. They are out of stock right now or I would buy one. I planned on getting one before my 34 broke so I could do a side by side comparison.

I’ve been curious about these. They are out of stock right now or I would buy one. I planned on getting one before my 34 broke so I could do a side by side comparison.

They have the one with the bamboo stock. Not a big fan of the stock, but the gun shoots well. Tame cycle, very decent trigger, giving me 16 FPE (some pellets near to 17 right now). Not even broken in yet. Slightly front heavy, but definitely a good deal.

They have the one with the bamboo stock. Not a big fan of the stock, but the gun shoots well. Tame cycle, giving me 16 FPE (some pellets near to 17 right now). Slightly front heavy, but definitely a good deal.

Gotcha. Will probably go that route.if not I’ll go with 3400.

OP, its likely that you'll find a tune kit or parts that will work fine for you. You'll have to take some measurements and do some research to find what you need. Air Rifle Headquarters/Jim Maccari would be a good source for parts like springs and seals.

Alternately you may find that the rifle serves your needs as is, or that your tune might consist of nothing more than a good cleaning and luring with better lubricants. An application of Tune In A Tube (Pyramyd Air) through the spring slot often works wonders.

This rifle is so new that there's not much info available at the moment. Please share your findings so that there will be information available for others. In any case, dont let comments by othes lead to self-doubt about your decision. Im also very interested in the 3400!

So here is my initial impressions of the .22 cal 3500.

Fit, finish, and craftsmanship is on par with the 34 if not a little better, especially the wood. It’s noticeably easier to cock and load. There is definitely a lot more vibration out of the box but I put a spring kit in my 34 shortly after I purchased it so it’s been a while since I shot it stock. I’ll get back to that after a good lube and break in but it is definitely quieter than the 34 before and after the spring kit. I’ll get back on accuracy after break in too but after 30 or so shots it’s an easy 1” group at 20 yards all about 4 inches low. Haven’t had time to sight it in. The 34 was all over the place out of the box until I got a tin of pellets through it. That could have just been me getting used to a springer though. The trigger is just ok but I want to shoot it a bit before I can compare it to the 34, I loved that trigger. All in all nice gun in my limited experience. If it turns out to be as accurate as the 34 I’ll be very happy.

i ordered some lube in a tube and will make some calls and do research on a spring kit and I definitely see a chronograph in my future. Can’t wait to get my 34 back from Umarex to do an honest side by side comparison.

Feel like I should add that the forestock is much beefier than it is on the Dianna 34 but you will need a large star bit to remove the stock or tighten it up when needed. Easy enough to find. Most probably have one laying around.

thanks to all!

I have the Hatsan 95 And although it looks solid built , My problem is the opposite of yours. Mine won’t lock up rocksolid tight. Once I close the barrel, you can just slightly jiggle it up and down. Can’t use a scope but shoots pretty good with open sights. I pulled the detent out and the hole is pretty sloppy in which it goes in. There was also some tiny metal shavings inside it. I kept it Oiled but it seems like they made the hole too big and also it didn’t seem to be reamed, just drilled.The only way I know to fix it, is go up a little bigger on the hole size and make a new detent for it.I think I just got a lemon.

That’s the problem .It’s been way over a year. At first I thought it was the junkie scope that came with it. So I bought a Leapers one piece mount and scope but still no luck. I checked all the screws to make sure they were tight. Then Tried all different types of pellets. I got fed up with it and put it away for quite a while. Then one day I decided to try it again and that’s when I noticed that it wasn’t locking up real tight. I had 30 days for the seller and then the one year For Hatsan.If I would’ve noticed that problem early on I would’ve just sent it back to the seller and got my money back. Between the bad weather and ordering the scope and ordering all different types of pellets took me well past the 30 days.But at least I can still use the open sites although my vision barely lets me do that.