• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dianna 34 broke. In the market for a new one.

Bought a new Dianna 34 back in May and loved the thing. It’s a pleasure to shoot, deadly accurate, and simple to work on. Yesterday after firing it yesterday it wouldn’t close. After inspecting it I noticed the firing pin was stuck in the fire position. Long story short I wound up cracking the front end of the stock.

Mine came with the Lifetime warrant (doubt its lifetime but it’s only been 3 months) so I’m sending it back to Umarex.

In the meantime I want something to shoot. I want to buy something around $300. I’m looking for .22cal that’s accurate and fast as possible for target practice and critters. What do you think about the HW50? Any other Diannas out there that you guys like at that price? I really can’t spring the money for an HW95 or I would probably go with that.

Also considered a Ruger Airhawk to save some money. Thanks guys!

Should have lifetime warranty as long as the gun wasn't tampered with no problem.

How's your rear sight?

This one's 177 but Should have more power than the HW50 you have in mind.

How's your rear sight?

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/usedguns.html/rws-34-classic-.177-broken-rear-sight-%E2%80%93-used/#tab-2

I would offer $150 shipped! by phone call ask for Chris or Darren. Say because their brand new $149 Diana 430L are still out of stock!

1598352188_3015038015f44eb3c890173.39294061.png

What firing pin?

its not a firing pin. It’s a little nipple protruding from the receiver directly beneath the air port. It’s either that or the ball is stuck. Sorry don’t know all the parts when it comes to air guns Yet lol. Either way it’s screwed.

its not a firing pin. It’s a little nipple protruding from the receiver directly beneath the air port. It’s either that or the ball is stuck. Sorry don’t know all the parts when it comes to air guns Yet lol. Either way it’s screwed.

I’m going to take it apart and see if I can figure out what’s stuck. If I can fix it maybe I’ll just order a stock.

Or just send it off and use it as an excuse to buy something.

If you buy the 34 with broken rear sight, let me know and I will send you one.

Mitch

Man you guys are great. I may take you up on that.

I am a member of over a dozen online forums, football, straight razors, knives, guns, archery, camping you name it. This is by far the nicest bunch I have seen. They always have the know it all who looks down on those who are starting out along with trolls that just want to argue.

What firing pin?

I’m going to take it apart and see if I can figure out what’s stuck. If I can fix it maybe I’ll just order a stock.

Or just send it off and use it as an excuse to buy something.

Gotcha, it's the block latch. 
1598372035_19676628345f4538c30d2435.07901330.jpg

Here is a link to the full exploded view. 

If the ball is missing then you'll need a new one and redo the over peening(wrong term) of the retainer tabs to keep it in place. Or make new ones. Or return it for a new gun. 

If you buy the 34 with broken rear sight, let me know and I will send you one.

Mitch

Man you guys are great. I may take you up on that.

I am a member of over a dozen online forums, football, straight razors, knives, guns, archery, camping you name it. This is by far the nicest bunch I have seen. They always have the know it all who looks down on those who are starting out along with trolls that just want to argue.

Rws 34 sights free for the asking. Cleaned up my 34.
1598377831_20029550495f454f67f2c527.15836414.jpg
1598377952_9234180975f454fe055a7d2.81213650.jpg

If the locking ball and or chisel is still on the gun and "stuck" as you say.

Try dropping 2 or 3 drops of oil around it where it enters the pivot block, holding it with the end of the barrel pointing downward give it a few minutes to allow the oil to penetrate down around it then gently tap the ball and or chisel with the handle of a medium to large screwdriver or a hard block of wood a couple times.

Don't get any oil on the breech seal if you can help it.

Maybe the oil will work its way down and release it so it will work again. Worth a try.

Depending on how much you shoot, you might want to put a drop of oil on it about once a year.

Ray

I had a Hatsan 105 Torpedo Gas Ram. It broke every scope I had. Think about that if you ever consider a gas ram power plant. The trigger was a B&^%ch. It never liked any pellet. No matter how or where I held it. Flying Dragons Air-Rifles. I have the XS-25sfb in 22. Mike Mellick tune. Bad-Ass rifle for a break-barrel springer I tell U what.