Diana Stormrider .22 Video Review by AEAC

I really, really, really, really, really, like my 1st generation .25 Marauders. I liked the first one so much that I bought a second...quick before they go to a cheap barrel is what I was thinking. My first is tuned for power; around 850fps with the 25gr King . My second is tuned to give 750fps with the hunter Extreme pellet (I found that it takes 750fps to make them open reliably). That tune yields considerably more shots (32 to40). That's plenty of power to bump off pests out to 35 yards.

The .22 and .177 Marauders had so many problems that I bought BSA and AirArms .22 guns and I really like those too. I just didn't want to deal with the hassles of an inaccurate Crosman barrel. 

Crosman could tempt me with factory installed LW barrels. My Talon SS and AirArms S410ERB and S510Carbine all have LW barrels and they shoot far better than I can. ;)

R, Steve

Are we off topic, or does it matter here?

"steveinla"I really, really, really, really, really, like my 1st generation .25 Marauders. I liked the first one so much that I bought a second...quick before they go to a cheap barrel is what I was thinking. My first is tuned for power; around 850fps with the 25gr King . My second is tuned to give 750fps with the hunter Extreme pellet (I found that it takes 750fps to make them open reliably). That tune yields considerably more shots (32 to40). That's plenty of power to bump off pests out to 35 yards.
The .22 and .177 Marauders had so many problems that I bought BSA and AirArms .22 guns and I really like those too. I just didn't want to deal with the hassles of an inaccurate Crosman barrel. 
Crosman could tempt me with factory installed LW barrels. My Talon SS and AirArms S410ERB and S510Carbine all have LW barrels and they shoot far better than I can. ;)
R, Steve
Are we off topic, or does it matter here?

I'm sure it's fine Steve.

I still have my Gen1 .25 and love it too. It's a good 150 yard gun and does everything well now that it's in a blue Boyds Blaster.

"steveinla"So, tell me Steve, what preservative do you leave in the bore of your airguns while they are in storage?
R, Steve
I will put my two bits in.

I enjoy several OLD air guns....going back to the 60's, I have seen barrels in everything from brass to steel.

I treat all of them like a firearm, If I am putting them up for a long time, I had surgery some time ago and everything got a shot of oil down the nose....then a good cleaning when I was ready to shoot them again....think of it as a new gun as to the cleaning of the barrel.

Hi fpgt72,
OK, we have Steve at Pomona Airguns who once told me that BreakFree CLP was a material that didn't eat "O" rings. He had experimented with placing "O" rings into caps filled with different solvents. He advocated BreakFree. I was curious what Steve Shalley recommended. I find myself with the good problem of having more airguns than I have time to shoot (lucky me). I rarely ever clean my airgun barrels as accuracy doesn't seem to suffer with a "seasoned" barrel. Maybe it's the short distances I use them at? I remember my hunting class instructor saying that .22 LR barrels don't need to be cleaned to prevent rust as the bullets have a wax on them that coats the barrel and prevents rust. I still find myself coating .22LR barrels with something as they sit more than they shoot. ;)

R, Steve

In general terms I want to stay away from "Dino" products....on the old guns with leather seals dino oil is ok, but I just don't mess with it.

I will use light weight motorcycle shock oil, it is silicone based and have been using it for 30 years or so....no issues. On a pretty old Crosman M1 Carbine....put it over the chrono and it still hit 400fps....pretty happy with that.

"AEAC"As you wish Beachgunner.
You can follow along on Facebook for progress updates as I work through pre video discovery.
.22 Lothar Walther barrel and regulated. On deck at AEAC
Steve
a5e001fbfed1dbc425d47a260fb2b8c6.jpg

Thanks for the video Steve. Always look forward to the "1" popping up on my youtube subscription. I know you have another vid out :)

And I appreciate the honest review and especially the 50 yard stuff. Most of us don't have space to check them out to distance. I'm one of the guys that wants to test it out that far to push the gun and myself to see what CAN be done. 

I'll be watching for the Marauder review since an old Marauder Gen 1 in .25 was my first PCP love.

Thank you for your contribution to the AG community.

Crusher

I have .22 cal diana stormrider and I shoot mine at 50 yards and it does very well. This is not a rifle for everyone I guess or you didn't take enough time to get the right pellets that it likes. I enjoy shooting it and I plan on keeping it for sometime. Steve is right about a lot of things and I understand he is doing the best he can (by the way Steve great job done) If you don't agree with him, then don't. But the stormrider is a good rifle for the price. It is picky about the pellets, but when you find the right one's then you can group fairly good at the 50 yard mark. I'm still trying out more pellets when I get them. If they don't shoot well I have other .22 cal to shoot them in. Let you know more as time go's on. Roger

Hi, I was disappointed with the stormrider as well, the Diana name sold me .I got suckered . I bought a hatsaH Flash QE in .22 makes the stormrider look like a toy. I took that joke of a moderator off, n it was a bear .Who puts epoxy on moderators? My bolt started bending had to put it in a vice n straighten out. Pellet picky too , JSB's loaded fine, Crosman PHP tight fit . It's in the case in the corner. Can you swap out barrels, for a lothar?