• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana Skyhawk vs Nutria Rat

5C87996B-C621-4AF3-AF3C-FA49CDB9E33C.1616373716.jpeg

Diana Skyhawk HR.177 shooting JSB monster 13.43 @ 830 fps 62 yard headshot.Third one in like 10 days.The other two got the Akela from 30-40 yards.No pics but ATN video on those.

Thanks Leon...yeah they are ugly and I’ve shot a couple bigger ones than that.Also they have dug holes that you can drop a basketball in around the banks of my pond,I’m gonna have to fill them in too be able to take the John Deere to cut the grass...they are destructive as far as digging and weakening the banks around a pond.Ineed a way to get rid of Canadian geese,they’re poopting everywhere.I’m ready to get an airsoft gun and start spraying their asses

5ECBAD65-A647-4229-B38B-E893757AAF8F.1616384286.png
1FA55E8E-6849-451E-983A-7A0416CC09BA.1616384288.png
Those are the other two.Thanks Nashville...I have a p15 .25 also and I must have gotten lucky with the lottery on both because they shoot fine.Especially the Skyhawk since I put the Huma in last summer and got it where I want it.It’s done more dirt than my .22’s and 25’s😁

sasquatch I didn’t weight it but it had some meat on its bones though.I hear they’re delicious but I can’t get past the fact that it’s a rodent.I take them out back for the coyotes or whatever makes them disappear.

Thanks Ranchibi

JimNM WELL SAID lol...yep they are considered invasive brought here in 1800’s for their fur😂 not sure who they thought would buy it.Anyway didn’t work out so they released a bunch of them now they’re in like 20 states or so.How to tell the difference is muskrats have short furry tails,nutria have long rat tails and orange teeth,their tracks always have a line between the feet tracks from tail dragging 

They tunnel into the bank and go about 10 ft away and build nests underground like gophers. Then the bank will eventually cave-in making the creek bigger and bigger. In Salem Oregon the alfalfa farmers HATE THEM. Over time they will take a small creek and turn it into a large muddy swamp, destroying the fields of alfalfa. Thats where I hunted this one when I lived there. They love rain and muck. Oregon is full of them everywhere there is a muddy creek near fields of grass. Brought here from South America by some moron.

Here's some more pics of the same one. Different angles.

P3030018.1616532411.JPG

Check out these nasty teeth. You don't want to handle them when they're alive

P3030023.1616532502.JPG