• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana Skyhawk question

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site, and new to airguns in general. I currently have a Walther Springer in .22, a Benjamin Trail XL in .22, and a Diana Skyhawk in .25. The Diana is my first PCP, and I am looking for opinions. The gun is unmodified and shoots a JSB 25 at 795 to 800 feet per sec. I would like to improve the grouping size, and to have a flatter shooting gun. I'm looking for opinions on adding a Huma tuning regulator, or a Huma power tune with XL plenum. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks

psmurf

You don't have to worry about making a Skyhawk .25 fast enough to have erratic pellet flight. I have thrown everything at mine. Barrel, reg, custom CAD parts, custom hammer and pickup truck stiff hammer springs. Mine is right at what a Taipan, Cricket, Vulcan or Edgun does on their light days without breaking a sweat. You can pump yours up with a Huma that comes with a larger plenum. But make sure you order the right one. You will have to take your gun apart and take some measurements. This will get you a little more speed with the reg set at 150b. But once you tune for peak efficiency, the gun wont be that much faster. You can leave it a faster shooting air hog but it sounds horrible and with that sketchy factory barrel your accuracy might go to pot. The bottom line is you bought an anemic .25 cal gun. If you do the same mods to the .22 model, it will make as much power as you need. If your gun is accurate and efficient the way it is, you might want to leave it alone and be happy until you can drop the money for a good powerful .25 right out of the box. You can go over to GTA and search to see what me and others have done to try to extract everything out of this gun. You will want to search P15 because that's what your gun really is.

Hi I will share my experience with the Huma reg and plenum in .25.

I was hopping to shoot in the 890 range, from factory it was shooting between 810-825 at máx spring hammer adjustment.

With the Huma/plenum at 130 bar (label at the reg) the max it got was 855 fps, max hammer spring.

Without silencer it sounds loud and the accuracy was poor. Maybe with reg at 150 bar I can reach the 890´s... don´t know....

So... I ended lowering the reg to 120 bar and shooting at 825.

Tack driver at that speed.

Just my 2C.

Gone Shootin´

Martin