• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana RWS model 36 manufactured 1987.

I bought this Diana RWS model 36 back in 1987.
It has made in West Germany stamped on it.
Still shoots with power and accuracy...a very fine air rifle.
No sights on it at all...I just look down the barrel.
I took the iron sights off to mount a scope. After a few years the scope broke and I misplaced the iron sights.
That being said do these rifles ever wear out ? It shoots with the same accuracy and power as it did 36 years ago.
Also what is the value of this rifle ?

IMG_20230307_093928213~2.jpg

IMG_20230307_094105572~2.jpg

I'm blown away that it's worth $300 ballpark value. It's very well built, but so are modern spring air rifles.
My old model 36 averages 770 fps. Same muzzle velocity as when it was new out of the box. Modern spring air rifle have much faster velocity.
Is the value of the model 36 determined by they are no longer in production ?
Actual value according to blue book is anywhere from $120-$300 depending on condition, $300 being perfect condition. These days though everything seems to be closer to the higher value. But yes, they aren't made and they do carry some collector value so that does help. Plus they're pretty nice guns!

Last edited:
I paid $200 last year for a NIB 2004 RWS Diana Model 34 for a reference point. A Model 36 in the same condition I’m guessing would be the $300 range gun. Same guns but the 36 has a nicer, checkered stock. Collectible prices, because yours has the W. Germany lettering etc, who knows? People sometimes pay crazy prices.

I paid $200 last year for a NIB 2004 RWS Diana Model 34 for a reference point. A Model 36 in the same condition I’m guessing would be the $300 range gun. Same guns but the 36 has a nicer, checkered stock. Collectible prices, because yours has the W. Germany lettering etc, who knows? People sometimes pay crazy prices.
Germany was reunified in 1990 I think. The made in West Germany is long gone....so I see your point.

From your picture I'd put the value in the $200-$230 range because you don't have
the original sights. Your only picture you posted is fuzzy and really can't judge
value accurately though.
I thought the photo was very clear, but yes it's in great shape. The made is West Germany and 06/87 production stamp make it pretty cool.

IMG_20230307_094105572~2.jpg

…And when the sights do come up on the auction sight, they are probably 20-25% of the rifle. Just found my take off sights…,removed back in 1989 when I scoped my M36…my first springer. It’s still going strong, on its second spring, a Macarri, installed maybe 5-7 years ago. Nice rifle BTW that the OP shared pictures of.
I learned to look down the barrel and sight between the two grooves where the front sight used to be. Nice you also have a model 36 from the 1980s.
They built them to last....mine is also still going strong.

I thought the photo was very clear, but yes it's in great shape. The made is West Germany and 06/87 production stamp make it pretty cool.

View attachment 339323
Bluing looks good but can't see if there's any rust freckling at all ! The picture doesn't show
me at all if there's dents, scratches, compression marks, etc. in the stock. Either the picture was taken
with a low pixel camera or it's just out of focus.

Reactions: beerthief