• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana RWS 48 Air Rifle, TO6 Trigger

54 is the recoilless model . The other 2 are not . My shooting buddy has had both models and some guys say they are a scope killer ....I usually feel like a lot of this "information" is regurgitated over and over until it becomes somewhat a rumor that won't stop . Make no mistake they kick hard and hit hard so a good solid scope is a must . The thing that is not a rumor is the WEIGHT . These guns are made to be shot off a bench not toted around all day in the hills .

Sorry about the question, I am sure I am beating a dead horse here and asking the same stupid questions others have asked. I did put a search on my question and did not come up with much and the reason I made the post. I really appreciate the advice, I am not sure which way I will be going on my next purchase. I am really just using the rifle as pest control and I want to be able to sink a pellet at 30 yards without going all over the target. I just made a purchase on a better scope for my Hatsan in hopes that it will shoot better then what it is doing now. I am learning a little about ballistics of a pellet and how they travel.
If I did not read it, I would never thought that a pellet would shoot low at 10 feet but then shoot high at 30 feet. I am understanding the hold on a springer is going to make a big difference also. So I am reading plenty about air rifles. Not to the point where I do not get out there and shoot and that is what I want to do. But I will always listen to advice given to me as I am the newbie and I need the help. Common sense about the scope being knocked around, Maybe I will wait and buy one that takes air. Right now I will shoot this hatsan and see if I can get it under control. I am waiting on my scope mounts right now and then I will mount the new scope and I will see where I am. Thank You for the communication.......Pete 

The Hatsan model 95 the weapon I am shooting now has the Quattro trigger on it. Does the AT44W-10 have the same trigger? It states it comes with a Quatto trigger but I am not crazy about this trigger on mine. I would like to get a lighter pull if possible. I just figured that since this is a more expensive Hatsan the AT44W-10,and its PCP, that the trigger would be a upgrade from the Model 95. Can the trigger be replaced on the Model 95 like a TO6 or TO5?. If not maybe the trigger is not replaceable. it may be I do not have it set up correctly. I run the screws in on my trigger for the lightest pull and the shortest travel but still not happy. I seen a side by side comparison of the AT44W-10 to a Marauder and the Hatsan beat it hands down. the trigger on the AT44W-10 is what has me second guessing, and the fact that I would own 2 Hatsans. I would like to get a different brand but I must face the facts

Airborne,

The RWS Diana 48 was my first serious air gun purchase, and it is still the king of my collection. I don't use it much for pest control because it's over-kill (excuse the pun) for the little rodents I'm after, but it's nice knowing I could take out larger critters with it. Shooting at longer ranges (40-50 yds) is fun. I make a 6" dia. 3/16" stainless disc ring for mercy when I find the center. Ping!

It's a fine piece of German manufacturing, but rather heavy as mentioned. The construction is very robust, and the side lever, while affording fixed barrel accuracy, makes the gun feel a bit fat, too. The rear sight is easy to adjust, and the stock trigger suits me fine.

I won't go into the whole scope thing you're welcome, JoeWayne. And as Joe mentioned, it might not be the gun you want to stroll around in the woods with.

I highly recommend going with the .22 cal, and try using pellets that are on the heavy side. They seem to counter the recoil and smooth out the firing cycle. The .22 cal makes better use of this fine springer's power in my opinion.