Diana Diana P5 Parts

Lost the small spring that tensions the elevation adjustment on the rear sight assembly. I cannot find a spare online. I did find the parts schematic for the pistol on the Diana website but it fails to show that spring. Checked Numrich, PA, airgunspares.com with no luck. The diagrams I find show a micrometer rear sight elevation dial and my pistol has a simple screw. Anyone know where I can get a spare spring, or even a spare rear sight assembly?

that spring is for the model 5 and 6 but not the P5 so my mistake

how did you lose that spring
i have 2 P5's but you have take a little bitty pin out to get to that spring on mine and that part is not listed
it sits in a pocket and i would have to know the pocket diameter
i would guess either 4mm or 3mm wire diameter would be in the .5-.5mm range length in the 8-10mm range

soor about the mistake

Last edited:
No problem, I still have the Chambers website as a possible parts source for the future, and I emailed Diana asking how I could buy one from them. I had removed the rear sight assembly and mounted a red dot. I decided to try the iron sights again and remounted the rear sight assembly. I was outside in the grass trying to zero it while shooting offhand, and I raised the elevation screw a touch too much and the spring popped out. It could not have gone far but I have not been able to find it. So, for now, the red dot is back on the rail.

can you show me the sight and pistol
with the pin in place this sight doesn't not come apart i took the adjustment screw out of mine today and with the screw out the spring is trapped by the pin now if it has a model 5g-6g style sight that has been put on the pistol then the info i gave you is correct and a replacement can found at Amazon
i have tried to remove those style sight but the screw are soft and could be spun on the backside
rws-diana-5g-p5-article-4 (1).jpg

Last edited:
oh that P5 let me get mine and measure the spring
OLD P5----------------- NEW P5 confusion you have a Snowpeak SP500 they can call it anything they want but it is a SP500
and there would no parts at all for them
OD 5.5mm but a 5mm or 6mm would work
length 9.5mm a 10mm will work
wire is .61mm so 6mm will work

i will find one and post

the problem i see is that buying one is hard getting 20 is easy maybe .check a hardware store near you
https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Stainless-Compression-Spring-Capacity/dp/B08FDWGPST?th=1
the spring is not special it just holds up the elevation part of the sight
i will look on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393394924985?var=662235178517&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&fromMakeTrack=true

now the trick so the spring is not lost again is to super glue in the base just a little and now the spring stays put also tie a knot of dental floss around the back of the screw so it cannot fall out

all i have

Last edited:
Reactions: sjs