• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Diana P-5 pistol?

well, if it like the Snowpeak SP 500 which it is you will need to completely rework the trigger adjustments before you ever shoot it
now you will say i am completely nuts but i own one of these in both calibers
when the cock and load the pistol you will pull the trigger it will not move and then you will think the damn safety's on but if it were the trigger would have the same feel
now when Diana put their name on the pistol maybe and i say maybe they fix this problem if not you will have 2 choices fix the pistol or send it back

now that is the bad news
the good news is it can be fixed and when done it is a nice little pistol
i have posted many times on the main UK forum on this pistol and the guys did the fix and were very happy with the results
now here is the question you will have to ask yourself if the Diana version is the same as the Snowpeak why do i have to do this
here are 2 pictures in both you will see and trigger adjustment screw it is a longer one and you will see the silver screw that is in the frame
silver screw needs to be made to be able to fit it the recess in the frame so a drill and a file is needed
it set the sear and the factory made the screw so it would depress the sear only so far and it is not enough
the trigger adjustment screw does 2 things
one it takes up the slop in the trigger and the other is push the sear far enough to fire the gun

now when i did the fix i thought the pistol was good enough to buy the other caliber

so there you have it
not what you wanted but more than enough to fix it

i am a tinker so tinkering is not a problem if you are not well good luck

mike in Washington state
thumbnail_IMG_2486.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2487.jpg

Reactions: Bandito and sekiar
well, if it like the Snowpeak SP 500 which it is you will need to completely rework the trigger adjustments before you ever shoot it
now you will say i am completely nuts but i own one of these in both calibers
when the cock and load the pistol you will pull the trigger it will not move and then you will think the damn safety's on but if it were the trigger would have the same feel
now when Diana put their name on the pistol maybe and i say maybe they fix this problem if not you will have 2 choices fix the pistol or send it back

now that is the bad news
the good news is it can be fixed and when done it is a nice little pistol
i have posted many times on the main UK forum on this pistol and the guys did the fix and were very happy with the results
now here is the question you will have to ask yourself if the Diana version is the same as the Snowpeak why do i have to do this
here are 2 pictures in both you will see and trigger adjustment screw it is a longer one and you will see the silver screw that is in the frame
silver screw needs to be made to be able to fit it the recess in the frame so a drill and a file is needed
it set the sear and the factory made the screw so it would depress the sear only so far and it is not enough
the trigger adjustment screw does 2 things
one it takes up the slop in the trigger and the other is push the sear far enough to fire the gun

now when i did the fix i thought the pistol was good enough to buy the other caliber

so there you have it
not what you wanted but more than enough to fix it

i am a tinker so tinkering is not a problem if you are not well good luck

mike in Washington state
View attachment 408574View attachment 408575
Is this a die cast gun? Or carbon steel. Is the barrel carbon steel? Thank you

Reactions: Bandito
barrel is steel and nicely finished
the breech is aluminum and both the finish and machine work is very nice
tube and frame are not steel but also nicely finished
the gun has good hand and the weight is in your hand
the pistol is small compared to other break barrels of the past
now the if the trigger was not changed in any way compared to the Snowpeak model it will have to be in my opinion
but once that is done the pistol is worth every penny you spent
now if Diana addressed the triggers short coming then it is a winner

i will tell you i am a trigger snob, i will rework any trigger i feel i can improve and or the risk reward is there

as i stated i bought a .22 and fixed the trigger and thought enough of the pistol to buy the .177 model

I received my new Diana P5 pistol today and spent about an hour and half trying to get it sighted in. At first the only positive feature was it was easy to cock. The trigger started out be the hardest I've ever had on any gun I've owned or shot. And it loved to smoke. After about 100 rounds it begin to settle down and lost it's smoking habits, and the trigger seemed a bit better guessing it is now about 7 or so pounds. In the beginning it was shooting all over the place, and after 100 or so rounds I was able to sight it in and it was shooting good at about 20 feet. After about it shifted and started hitting high and to the left about 2 inches. There is no detent on the elevation screw and it seem to turn when shooting. I have now stretched the spring and hope that will help. When everything is ok it is a fun and pretty accurate pistol. I'll soon run it through a shooting session and see if it will maintain it's sight settings and hit where aimed. I forgot to mention that when I received the pistol the elevation screw and spring were loose in the box. I also had to take the front sight to my belt sander and reduce the height quite a bit to get it low enough to get the rear sight to adjust. One last thing, I hope, as there was not a trigger adjustment screw. Charles

Last edited:
I received my new Diana P5 pistol today and spent about an hour and half trying to get it sighted in. At first the only positive feature was it was easy to cock. The trigger started out be the hardest I've ever had on any gun I've owned or shot. And it loved to smoke. After about 100 rounds it begin to settle down and lost it's smoking habits, and the trigger seemed a bit better guessing it is now about 7 or so pounds. In the beginning it was shooting all over the place, and after 100 or so rounds I was able to sight it in and it was shooting good at about 20 feet. After about it shifted and started hitting high and to the left about 2 inches. There is no detent on the elevation screw and it seem to turn when shooting. I have now stretched the spring and hope that will help. When everything is ok it is a fun and pretty accurate pistol. I'll soon run it through a shooting session and see if it will maintain it's sight settings and hit where aimed. I forgot to mention that when I received the pistol the elevation screw and spring were loose in the box. I also had to take the front sight to my belt sander and reduce the height quite a bit to get it low enough to get the rear sight to adjust. One last thing, I hope, as there was not a trigger adjustment screw. Charles
I spent about an hour shooting my Diana P-5 today and I beginning to like it after all. After about 200 or so pellets the trigger is much better and I was able to enjoy shooting my Farris Wheel active metal target with great success. If you have this pistol just keep shooting it and maybe it will begin to behave better like mine. Charles

if the trigger has been changed from the Snowpeak version that is a plus
the pistol is small, nicely made, has good sights and the only thing was the trigger which was fixable
i have told many here in the states and the UK how to fix the trigger but maybe Diana's reps read the same thing and fixed it before they put their name on it
enjoy

The one I got doesn't have an adjustable trigger and I wouldn't consider it a match gun but for what I paid I wasn't expecting too much, however I am able to consistently hit coke cans free hand at 10 yards so far. I will crono it soon and try some groups from a rest after a couple hundred shots just to see what it can do.

Reactions: Bandito
Ordered one last week with 20% off. Came today and I cleaned the barrel first,very dirty. Tried it with some H&N FTT at 10 yards. After some minor adjustments it was ok. Had some H&N Excite 8.18gr I never opened,so I tried them.1st shot was in the x ring as were most of the subsequent shots. Trigger isn't great but I'm doing okay with it. I like the easy cocking for my arthritic hands.

Ordered one last week with 20% off. Came today and I cleaned the barrel first,very dirty. Tried it with some H&N FTT at 10 yards. After some minor adjustments it was ok. Had some H&N Excite 8.18gr I never opened,so I tried them.1st shot was in the x ring as were most of the subsequent shots. Trigger isn't great but I'm doing okay with it. I like the easy cocking for my arthritic hands.
are you handy
these are easy to make the trigger better but the grips have to come off and the you have to add an adjustment screw to the trigger it is already threaded and one other screw needs to be reworked
so if you are handy i or others can walk you through the job

mike

are you handy
these are easy to make the trigger better but the grips have to come off and the you have to add an adjustment screw to the trigger it is already threaded and one other screw needs to be reworked
so if you are handy i or others can walk you through the job

mike
Going to work on it tonight-thanks.

Congrats on the new pistol. I was lured by the cheap cost $59 and bought one of the off brands to see if it could be turned into a really good shooter. I’m a tinkerer and love the challenge and this was cheap enough to “play“ with. I’ve done one of the trigger screw mods but need to drill/tap and install the additional trigger screw next. Like others have stated the barrel was absolutely filthy. It took many patches to come clean. Also took it completely apart and gave it a good clean, deburr, polish and lube. I’ve also taken it a step further and made/added a 16mm o.d. SS barrel shroud ($12 Amazon) for added forward weight. I didn’t like how light the pistol is and how skinny that barrel is. I will also add some epoxy mixed with lead shot to the grip frame for some additional weight. It now feels and balances much better in my hand and the added weight in the frame will help even more. I really do like the overall look and feel of this little pistol and (cheap fun) and will enjoy working it to its accuracy potential.
IMG_9585.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s some pic of the front sight and how it’s just press fit onto the barrel knurling. Note the barrel has two flats on it and appears to be threaded into the breech as evidenced by wrench marks made on the flats as it was twisted. I just pulled the front sight straight off trying not to twist it too much while doing so. Also shown is the barrel bushing I made to support the rear of the shroud. It’s made from a piece of the shroud with a slit cut in it and crimped to fit tight on the barrel and shroud i.d.
IMG_9574.jpeg