Diana Chaser given the Full Buck-Rail treatment

Hello everyone,

I just converted my Diana Chaser into a Full Buck-Rail AR conversion. I don’t think you should use the word “cute” in the same sentence when describing a gun, but fellows this little Carbine is cute! Not only is it cute but it is accurate as all get-out, ( see attached photos ). I have to say right now that I am so overly impressed with the quality of the Buck-Rail components, every little detail is so well done, this conversion went together so nicely. I ordered the AR Grip, Adjustable Stock, Tri-Rail and the Suppressor. The suppressor is so quite that I can here the trigger now when I fire the gun. First time to shoot it after the conversion with a pellet, I opened the door to my shop and fired it toward my 25-yard target and it was so quite that I thought I had installed something wrong. I loaded in another pellet and aimed it at six thicknesses of heavy cardboard and fired, well the pellet went through all six pieces of cardboard and into my plywood wall to where the skirt of the pellet was flush. Oooops!

Last night I ordered from Buck-Rail the Laser and the Red Dot Scope and if I do not like the Red Dot then I will order a Compact Scope. 

I had this 3-9x40 scope and only one set of rings that would fit the 11mm rail so I decided to mount them temporally and do a bit of target shooting today. The center ring on the Big target and the four outer rings are all 1-inch in diameter. The “Sighter Dots” at the bottom are 1/2-inch in diameter. To sight the scope in I shot 5-times on the right second in Dot, made some adjustments and shot 5-times at the left second in Dot. Then I shot 5-times at the center and made a few slight adjustments to the scope and mover up to the top left Circle. Tweaked the scope and moved over to the top right with 5-shots. No more adjustments and down to the bottom right circle with 3 in the dead center. And the last circle on the bottom left with ALL 5 shots in one hole. This goes without saying, but I am one pleased shooter today. That is a total of 35-shots on this target set out at 10-meters (33-feet) using H&N Field Target Trophy 8.64gr pellets. This is about 37 to 39 shots total now fired on the 12g CO2 cartridge and that also pleases me.

I was almost afraid to make any changes to the Original Chaser but now I am so happy that I did.

Be safe and have a great day,
ThomasT

Diana ChaserBuck Rail-1.1648569102.jpg
Diana ChaserBuck Rail-2.1648569123.jpg
Chaser First-100A.1648569153.jpg
Chaser First-101A.1648569173.jpg

Nice,I like it,I have the Bandit,I may go the same route you did..Good shooting for sure, good write-up.

Hello boscoebrea,

I am so impressed with the quality of every piece that I received from Buck Rail. I would like to find a rifle and modify it close to what I did with the Chaser. By the end of this week I should have the other items from Buck Rail and get them installed and I will post a picture here.

Thank you and have a great day,

ThomasT

That looks good and shoots great! Nothing like an accurate super quiet gun is there! You could shoot flys with that one. Nice job.

Hello Dave,

To be honest this project turned out way better than I had expected. It looks really cool, very light weight, so easy to handle, and as you can see, it is accurate and this I really was not expecting. And the quality of the Buck-Rail parts just topped off the build.

ThomasT

That Chaser is really nice @ThomasT!

Had some fun with my CP2 which I got last week - my indoor 10m 'range', between meetings.

Scope is a cheapie I got for less than the price of a tin of 500 JSB 18.13grs.

Parallax error possible with it at close range, will replace it with a 2-7 (or 3-9) x 40 AO scope at some point.

batch_IMG_3356.1648640023.jpeg

batch_IMG_3357.1648640023.jpeg

batch_IMG_3362.1648640023.jpeg

Hello Kola,

You really need to be accurate on your indoor range :) That is some good shooting and a heavy pellet. As you read, my scope that is shown in on there temporary and will be replaced with a new Red Dot that will be here this week along with a Laser. 

ThomasT

Hello Kola,

You really need to be accurate on your indoor range :) That is some good shooting and a heavy pellet. As you read, my scope that is shown in on there temporary and will be replaced with a new Red Dot that will be here this week along with a Laser. 

ThomasT

Indeed, not a lot of margin for error.

Going to build a new pellet trap on wheels to use indoors since I have a feeling this is going to become a bit of a 'thing' for me with winter approaching as well.

Your Chaser will look really great with the Red Dot - you will update with new photos I am sure?

Waiting for delivery of lighter pellets for the Chaser, the 18.13s are what I have at the moment.

Hello Kola,

ThomasT

Indeed, not a lot of margin for error.

Going to build a new pellet trap on wheels to use indoors since I have a feeling this is going to become a bit of a 'thing' for me with winter approaching as well.

Your Chaser will look really great with the Red Dot - you will update with new photos I am sure?

Waiting for delivery of lighter pellets for the Chaser, the 18.13s are what I have at the moment.

Hello again Kola,

Yes I will post new photos as soon as all the parts come in, which should be as early as this coming Friday if I am lucky.

My shop ( which is heated ), is in line with all my outdoor targets and sometimes during the winter I will open one of the French doors and shoot from my benchrest. 

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

This afternoon I shot 7 different pellets in the Diana Chaser at the 10-Meter Target and very pleased with the outcome. The Little Modified Pistol is not real picky about the choice of pellets but does have a favorite and that is the H&N Field Target Trophy 8.64gr. This is the same pellet that I used for the first shot test.

Photo #1 shows the first four Pellets by brand and weight. Pretty good grouping for such a verity of Brands and weights. Photo #2 all three Styles and Weights did pretty good and if I had adjusted the scope for each one, all of the hits would have been within the 1-inch bullseye.

I really enjoy shooting this Gun and have now shot just over 400 rounds within the past week.

Next up will be testing it with the Red Dot scope and the Laser.

ThomasT

Chaser Second-100A.1648674546.jpg

Chaser Second-101A.1648674585.jpg

Hello everyone,

OK the “cute little gun” just got Cuter, I installed the Small Laser and the UTG High Scope Rings and got everything sighted in before dark. After dark I set up a hand drawn paper target at 10-meters ( 33-ft ) and shot 5-rounds using the Laser only to aim at the target. I was surprised at how accurate it was with no “fine tuning” of the Laser at this point. That is 3-shots just above and 2-shots lower left, next I will test this at 25-yards and do a bit of fine tuning. This is certainly accurate enough to shoot any unwanted Feral Hogs that come in the yard at night :)

I decided not to mount the Red Dot scope at this time but will at a later time.

ThomasT

Diana ChaserBuck Rail-3A.1648891879.jpg
Diana ChaserBuck Rail-4A.1648891903.jpg

Very cool ThomasT, I want to try a laser on some guns too. It would definitely be cool to have a pellet land wherever the dot is. Like if one of the feral hogs was under the truck you wouldn’t have to lay down to dispatch it, you could just kneel down holding the gun at the same level as the feral hog and put the dot between the eyes and slip a 7.33 grain Falcon into the brain! 😂.

The laser definitely sounds fun, being able to shoot from the hip accurately is very appealing lol.

Very cool ThomasT, I want to try a laser on some guns too. It would definitely be cool to have a pellet land wherever the dot is. Like if one of the feral hogs was under the truck you wouldn’t have to lay down to dispatch it, you could just kneel down holding the gun at the same level as the feral hog and put the dot between the eyes and slip a 7.33 grain Falcon into the brain!
1f602.svg

The laser definitely sounds fun, being able to shoot from the hip accurately is very appealing lol.

Hello Dave,

I like this combination so much that I just ordered a Diana Bandit PCP .177 cal Pistol and you know what my plans are for this gun.......just think what the extra bit of "umph" will be able to do :)

By the way, I am having so much fun with your Steel Target and have hit every item except that dog-gone little hole. I even used my new Diana Stormrider, which is spot on accurate, and splattered all around the hole but NO ring!

ThomasT

Hello @Carmine0076
The pistol is not real picky about the pellets but I have been using H&N Field Target Trophy 8.64gr
I bought all the stuff from Buck Rail, super nice company and great products
The Rings are UTG High
You are welcome

ThomasT

Last edited:
Reactions: Carmine0076