Diana bandit tuning

Confused about Diana bandit,saw posts to cut 1 ring off hammer spring because hammers to heavy ,putting a Huma regulator in their site says put washer behind regulator spring to give more preload, if I cut hammer spring and put washer in could this make the hammer to light to fire,I heard the hammer is to heavy for this gun, it feels like a springer ,has that little vibration, should I just add more preload or do both,

gun Shoots eradic you can feel when it shoots good just looking for more consistent fps and I want start shooting the f/t and sillohoutes when our air gun club starts them,it shoots accurately but you can feel a buzz like a springer when air is full till a little less than half,then it seems to smooth out, I did put regulator in today helped with buzz, if cutting the spring can get a couple extra shots I’ll do it you don’t get many in this gun

I took the regulator route, though mine is pretty custom.

Unregulated, I would recommend ordering some springs from ali express, so you have a number to tinker with. Get the same diamater, and same wire thickeness, not sure if factory is heat treated or not, but spring steel is usually darker and stiffer from treating, if it is just silver, it will not be as stiff.

I typically order them slightly longer than needed so I can cut them down. Experiment with different lengths or stiffnesses either with thicker wire or heat treated. See where you land. I know the hammer is pretty heavy, but you may be able to sqeak by without lightening it.

Mine has a lightened hammer, and much shorter spring, but like I said is regulated with a modified huma regulator. 50 shots at 650fps

Reactions: EasyTargetRN1965