Diana bandit dialed in

So I’ve been playing with the bandit, put a huma regulator in ,set at 95 psi, put a thick washer in valve to tighten that up,and slowly started cutting rings off hammer spring,took 3 1/2 rings off, I’m shooting H&N 9.57 FT pellets my ft/lbs went from 11.4 first shot fres fill to 11.2 and 11.1 for 13 shots missed 3 shots on chrono7-9 so I should get about 14 shots per fill . Here’s the fps numbers from the fx chrono, and my target set up for field target distances. I put 22 cal dots for targets all shot crosshairs on target 10 & 20 were hole in hole 15 & 20 shot a little high and right but only 1/4 of a mill 30 was 1/4 mill low 35 was same 1/4 low but they shot high cause I thought in needed a 1 dot hold over . This gun went from shooting like everyone says a tire going flat to a very consistent shooter.

D9F2CBFC-0CF4-421E-A0F0-F93C6F025760.jpeg

BE08F19B-0BDC-45F3-850D-163EA8428D46.jpeg

Nice work. Seems to be plenty accurate. :cool:

I got one when they first hit the market, and got a huma reg. as well. But I deleted the plenum. Shortened the valve body, hogged it out (to act as plenum), and cut an oring seat in the face of the valve body so it would seal to the regulator. With a lightened hammer, and much lighter hammer spring it does 50 shots @ 650fps (7fpe?) I modified the plenum so it can still be used if I desire, but I have not really messed with it. Just initial thought was that it took up too much volume in the airtube and would heavily affect shot count. The gun has a very small air tube. Seen also, my crude but effective regulator removal tool.
PSX_20200218_201307.jpg

Nice work. Seems to be plenty accurate. :cool:

I got one when they first hit the market, and got a huma reg. as well. But I deleted the plenum. Shortened the valve body, hogged it out (to act as plenum), and cut an oring seat in the face of the valve body so it would seal to the regulator. With a lightened hammer, and much lighter hammer spring it does 50 shots @ 650fps (7fpe?) I modified the plenum so it can still be used if I desire, but I have not really messed with it. Just initial thought was that it took up too much volume in the airtube and would heavily affect shot count. The gun has a very small air tube. Seen also, my crude but effective regulator removal tool.
View attachment 369155
Yes I saw yours a while back was a little Leary cutting into valve,I would love to get that many shots, I do have a large assortment of rotary files and still thinking about doing it, I worked 40 yrs in aircraft so grinding ,polishing is nothing new.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas