Diana Diana Airbug

of course, the Chrono will tell the story but the springs will also
get the spring out of the Airbug is easy grip off rear screw out and the rear cap should come off and it uses a spring guide that is a separate part
now the Chaser is different, most rear caps will not move so if so, you have to take the whole pistol apart and the valve out and tap the rear cap out
okay i lied the tapping part, i used some heavy aluminum tubing and smack the damn end cap out using a claw hammer
the Chaser end cap has a tapered spring guide that is cast into the end cap
the specs on the 2 pistols are the same it is a who know at this point

of course, the Chrono will tell the story but the springs will also the spring out of the Airbug is easy grip off rear screw out and the rear cap should come off and it uses a spring guide that is a separate part
now the Chaser is different, most rear caps will not move so if so, you have to take the whole pistol apart and the valve out and tap the rear cap out
okay i lied the tapping part, i used some heavy aluminum tubing and smack the damn end cap out using a claw hammer
the Chaser end cap has a tapered spring guide that is cast into the end cap
the specs on the 2 pistols are the same it is a who know at this point

Mike, thanks for that info. Interesting that the Airbug/Chaser are somewhat different regarding the spring guide/endcap setups. I'll probably just run the pistols over the chrono, no disassembly required! I'm curious about the velocities anyway.... Switching gears for a minute, have you (or anyone else that cares to opine) done any accuracy testing on either or both of these platforms (pistol config on the Chaser, Airbug is obviously pistol only), comparing accuracy with/without a barrel band installed? Reason I ask is that I like to run the moderator on the Chaser, and have it configured as moderator WITH the barrel band installed as well. I realize the moderator is not THAT heavy, but thought that the barrel band would better support/stabilize the barrel/moderator combo, and thereby lessen any "loads" on the front of the receiver. Just wondered if anyone has accuracy data on this? Does yours shoot better with the barrel "floated"? Eventually I would like to test the Chaser "bare" (no moderator or barrel band), then test w/moderator only installed (no barrel band) and finally test w/moderator AND barrel band installed. Ideally do all this testing while the chrono is set up, and get THAT data as well. I know, I'm a little nutz, but I just think this would possibly yield some "interesting" data. I'm retired, so what the heck....why NOT do some testing:)

no testing from me
now what do you get from the barrel band, some support
the rifle barrel is 9 inch + or - longer than the pistol barrel plus the factory mod add another what 6-7 inches and at that point the band looks good
the barrel being 12mm and the breech being 10mm i think it has it's purpose
is it needed maybe not but i bet if you look at enough rifles with thin barrels they will have barrel bands
now i know people swear by floating barrels but in this case it might be just that added protection you will get by the support it gives the breech
don't know really
but i do know they are a nice place to hang a bipod