Diana 75 Scope and Mounts

I just picked up a very nice Diana 75 [actually it is a Beeman 400]. The seller's kid used it for competition. It came with what seems to be the original sights, including some sort of alternative front sight inserts; I don't know how those work. I shot it today indoors at a 50' range. It shot well but I am an old duffer and just can't see that well. I could make out the black but it wasn't fun. So I will put a scope on it. Any suggestions what mounts to use? Is it best to use a drooper mount or mount the rings directly to the rifle?

Regards and thanks.

Mike

Non droop mounts should be fine. Understand guns only shooting @ 6 ft lbs and pellets falling soon as it leaves muzzle. While scope allows EYE challenged folks to see better, range to target with such rifles honestly needs to be inside 30 yards being near 3X the design application.

Have owned my DIANA 75 HV sense @ 1982 and played extensively with it in these near > 40 years. Really fun gun to shoot no doubt, but stay realistic in the fact it was was a purpose built 10 meter gun.

Scott S

1573359912_5667466945dc79128b7a512.96845424_20190515_145010_HDR.jpg
1573359913_17936554965dc79129e0cc76.88823361_20190515_144946_HDR.jpg

My 75 U T01 came with the #82 rear sight and factory front. I've been shooting it scoped using a B-Square adjustable mount coupled with a 3-9X40 Hawke Airmax. Works Great.

Mike

it should scope fine but I have always been under the impression it needed a droop mount

there are many irises the can be used with the rear sight that might be an option

the Beeman 400 is an early Model 75, with the later being a model 75 TO1

the front sight was very different on the 400's and early 75's, they used clear inserts with holder, though I have never had one in hand

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2010/11/rws-diana-75-10-meter-target-rifle-part-2/

https://gehmann.com/english/products.php?kategorie=20

I feel lucky stumbling upon this rifle. It deserves all the affection expressed here. Thanks everyone for the input and beautiful pictures. I am agreed with Scott about the reality of power/distance. My goal is not to shoot more than 25 yards, but to be able to see the target [and pellet hole]. I intend to keep the competition sights and inserts for a later time, but will put a scope on now. I looks like everyone does use a picatinny rail adapter to mount on the rifle and then mount the scope on the rail. Now that he articulated it, it is obvious Scott is right on again for not needing a drooper mount because of the limited range distance. I will check out the B Square mount mentioned by Mike.

I am at the very northern edge of the empire and it takes time for things to get here, like the rail and mounts, but I will report back when all the parts are flying in formation.

Thanks for all the kindness.

Mike

The picatinny adapter mount arrived today. I thought I would be clever and use one of the several Leupold VX2 3-9 scopes I have on hunting rifles. It didn't focus close enough for our 50' indoor range. I pulled a Hawke 4-12 x 50 Airmax off of a Huntsman Regal XL. That did the trick and works well. Preliminary results show a marked preference for JSB over Crossman pellets, but further testing with different brands and weights need to be done.

it is a sweet rifle and sweeter still now that I can see clearly. Thanks for all the tips. Now I have to buy another scope for the Regal. Jeesh, doesn't even end?

Mike