Diana Diana 75 HV

Curious as I am, I had to see what was inside of my front sight. The aperture compresses against that spring insert, which maintains tension as you make your adjustments.

I have to ask, what are the tools used for on this sight? Mine came apart easily.

IMG_5449.jpeg
IMG_5447.jpeg
IMG_5439.jpeg

To clarify my statement about front sight inserts, and what fits.

Marflow is correct that the 16mm inserts, or old style Walther inserts, fit the 75 front sight regardless of if it is a 75 or a 75 TO1.
The spring loaded insert to hold the stamped element has a very small recess in its front edge that the 16mm insert fits into. The 18mm inserts will also fit, but they are held centrally by the ID of the front sight globe itself and subject to rotation or misalignment. The 18mm clear acrylic inserts will fit the front sight element holder if they are the ones that have the reduced diameter lip. That reduced diameter lip will recess into the element holder and center the insert.

While the 18mm inserts will work, to be correct, the 16mm inserts are what is intended to be used across the board.

I checked this against my rifle, to be sure that the info was correct, and just as Marflow stated, it is correct.
Sorry for muddying the waters......

Last edited:
Reactions: Nitrocrushr