Diana Diana 75 HV

I think (?) they only used this system on early guns, so they agreed with you?
OP's gun is an early model?
Yes, the OP rifle is an early pre TO1 rifle.

Forgot to mention

My pictures show a single O ring in the front sight insert, and there should be 2 o rings present. Each O ring goes into the hex sections that have the recess molded into them. This allows the sight to compress more and give a wider range of adjustment. If you run a single O ring, you run the risk of the knurled adjustment ring bottoming out before you achieve your desired aperture opening. You can adjust this to your preference simply by changing O rings out.

Reactions: Bandito and specie
I went to a clear glass insert with a plain hole in the center (no black paint on the edge of the hole ) and can now see wonderfully . I am told the human eye will automatically center a target inside a circle , and that works exactly . shooting a benchrest target i can see a large portion of the target and pick the correct bull to shoot next .

I went to a clear glass insert with a plain hole in the center (no black paint on the edge of the hole ) and can now see wonderfully . I am told the human eye will automatically center a target inside a circle , and that works exactly . shooting a benchrest target i can see a large portion of the target and pick the correct bull to shoot next .
I like those apertures as well.
The Gehmann adjustable front apertures come in a floating ring version, as well as a horizontal crossbar.

When quite available I used to go into the gun shop in Kansas City, Missouri at 1701 Baltimore and had to wipe off the drool on the glass counter top. They have been gone now for about twenty. Years and I still have regrets in not buying the 75 TO1 and an old S&W triple lock 4" in 45 Colt. Both guns still haunt my dreams. Maybe in June I will have enough for both guns saved up and I can start my search. And maybe the Big Guy will grant me enough days and health to enjoy them. Enjoy your family and friends boys and girls, they are numbered, and thank the Lord for the people and days you have already had. Be Well Brothers, Bandito.
Unless you are wealthy, or just honestly don't care how much it costs, you will never own a triple lock in 45 colt. It is very likely that 95% of triple locks are 44 specials, a used abused 30% condition one of those without original grips and nothing else included will likely set you back over 2,500 today. Up the condition to 40% and up the price at least 1k, get a shooter in 44 special in 65% condition and you will be north of 5,000. I don't know which is more rare in a triple lock, a 44-40 or a 45 colt triple lock or the 32 something or other(I'd have to look it up, memory sucks), but likely the 45 colt is the most rare. S&W and Colt had a gentleman's agreement not to chamber each others cartridge except in rare circumstances, so you will hardly ever find any pre-war s&w's in 45 colt, just like you won't find 44 specials in old Colts. A shooter grade triple lock in 45 colt today would be whatever the owner wanted for it, and that would be eye watering. I gave up on getting a triple lock back in the 1990's, prices for truly nice ones with target grips and sights had gone north of 5k by then in 44 special. I had 3 chances in my life to get one just like I wanted, last time was mid 1980's for 2k all original, box, papers, etc.. in very close to 90% condition, I passed and regret it. I didn't realize at the time what a steal that was, or I would have jumped on it anyway. At the time that money was just too much, still poor college student but I had the money, kind of earmarked for rent/living exp.

After JEFFPPC gave me the report on his Diana 75, I decided to begin my search for one. I lucked out and CT Airguns had just picked one up! It needs seals, but for a 40+ year old rifle it is in great shape.

Thank you JEFFPPC for the tip on the D75, and CT Airguns for having one available.

I’m looking forward to getting this old classic back on the range.

Steve

View attachment 443487
img_4839-jpeg.443488

View attachment 443492
View attachment 443493View attachment 443494
View attachment 443495
View attachment 443496
View attachment 443497

View attachment 443488
WOW!! Jealous, now I would like to have one!!!

Fortunately many of us purchased these as NEW IN BOX coming with all the sight parts & pieces, tools & 2 height optics parts ( HV Model )
IF you kept these parts together here some 40+ years ago you have an honest Diamond (y)
I was able to get the missing pieces for my rear sight, so it is now fully functional with factory parts. I would be interested in gathering any other bits that the HV’s would have come with.

Steve

IMG_5259.jpeg

Reactions: fishing43
Fortunately many of us purchased these as NEW IN BOX coming with all the sight parts & pieces, tools & 2 height optics parts ( HV Model )
IF you kept these parts together here some 40+ years ago you have an honest Diamond (y)
Do you remember what all these parts were? Owners manual, test target, sight inserts, tools?, risers for the HV, parts for the variable aperture feature for the early guns?, extra buffers and seals?, etc.
Also, my gun was resealed (and new spring) by Umarex in 2019. Can I assume that the newer seals were used by then?

As I recall with my personal HV
Manual on rifle, another for o-ring front sight set up
Sight tool for front insert changes ( Red Plastic )
Sight post inserts of several widths, Posts as well circles, Crush o-ring insert & required parts.
Alternate height Low FRONT sight housing w/o any guts, Rear sight riser rail ( mounted as delivered )
Test Target, 2 small screw drivers and that weird multi wrench.

The photo shared on page 3 IIRC was pretty accurate outside the added different front sight housings on the HV's

No extra seals, springs or internal service parts as i recall. ( Damn man it was 1982 ) :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: specie
While on the subject I would like some different inserts for my75 front sight. It has a clear insert with a hole in it currently. Does anyone know of other inserts that will fit? No tool need for the front that is mine. Both ends simply unscrew.
18mm inserts fit.
Clear acrylic, or the stamped metal inserts, same same.

Are you still using the plastic element holding insert in your sight?

Edit- reference the post by Marflow below this one for sight differences depending on your rifle. He provided a dimension to go by.

Last edited:
I was able to get the missing pieces for my rear sight, so it is now fully functional with factory parts. I would be interested in gathering any other bits that the HV’s would have come with.

Steve

View attachment 451142

Adding to the pic on page 1 provided by Mike W., this is what mine came with
1000000855.jpg

There were a total of 5 spacers for the adjustable cheek riser, and the muzzle sleeve right below the low front sight unit.
I DO NOT know for a fact that the muzzle spacer is a factory part, but it appears to be used for dressing the muzzle off when you are using a scope.
1000000853.jpg

1000000854.jpg

Adding to the pic on page 1 provided by Mike W., this is what mine came with
View attachment 451316
There were a total of 5 spacers for the adjustable cheek riser, and the muzzle sleeve right below the low front sight unit.
I DO NOT know for a fact that the muzzle spacer is a factory part, but it appears to be used for dressing the muzzle off when you are using a scope.
View attachment 451320
View attachment 451321
Thanks for the detailed pictures! I will see if I can locate some of the tools and other parts that came with the 75’s.

Steve

so, JEFFPPC wants inserts for a TO1 and that is completely different than the other front sight
the globe sight that has both with caps take 15.9mm inserts they are same used in the FWB 300 but are called old Walther
you can find both their metal inserts and slimline style inserts on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3720973137...V75PBH&hash=item56a2ba6c04:g:YaEAAOSwLcxiBrsO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3324035407...RBAAHH&hash=item4d64cb82f3:g:6JMAAOSwDYBio3Si

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3324035374...T4Y49G&hash=item4d64cb75fc:g:DPQAAOSwXY5ZS9Bc
SlimelineSightInsertsFlyerPg1.jpg